Lack of Fetal Movement....an Idea

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
Sooo we tend to post frequently about our concerns of lack of movement. I ran to the Dr. the other day from going from big kicks to barely ANYTHING noticeable for 2 days...even trying OJ, Ice, lying on my side etc. kick counts

All is fine and baby passed 8 out of 8 on the U/S test they did....something the tech did, she said baby was sleeping and do you mind if I wake it up? I said no, please do. So she took the US wand (whatever you wanna call it) and pressed pretty hard and jiggled.

It was so funny, baby turned the head, put the hand up, like quit it and moved really good each time. SOOOOOOO Before a full blown ER or Dr visit...maybe get the remote....or something hard, lube it up and do a few good fast rubs?????

ALSO, baby is now breech facing my back so I think that may be the difference in my feelings/kicks.

I hope this helps someone!!!!!!

FYI I was soo surprised at baby's position. I've always felt the movements on the sides previously BELOW my Belly button ALWAYS, I was shocked when she showed me the head was 3 inches above my Belly button! Alot more baby in there than I thought!!!!!!!!
August 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
Bella still takes a while to wake up when she is sleeping. She usually passes the biophysical for movement but they have to shake her a lot. I am noticing she wont wake up when its quiet! She likes noise, no wonder in my loud house!

my blog
August 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Miss Mo's Avatar Super Mommy
That's great advice because it can be so unnerving when you don't feel them for awhile!

I am constantly doing pelvic tilts and not lowering my shoulders below my hips in hopes to keep baby head down from now on (I'm 33 weeks today.) Will find out on Tuesday what baby's position is, but I'm hopeful he's head down already because I feel most kicking movements above my belly-button.

Introducing Aris!
Welcomed to our Family on 10/8/11

August 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
It takes a lot to wake Alivia too. Not even an us wand jiggling her bothers her. Lol

August 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
Great advice! Thanks!

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
August 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
You can also try looking at your belly to as bad as it sounds some moments that feel small move my whole belly

August 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use my old electric razor to wake up babies if they are too quiet. At my u/s once the tech had to use her "buzzer" so I tried the same technique with my razor and it worked wonderfully! Just a fast buzz gets them wiggling.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
August 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
LOL. My kid does not care at all. The last ultrasound we had the tech was literally lodging that probe in my spine and he did not even flinch. She commented on how stubborn he was. I am hoping it means he is a good sleeper

One thing I did find that works is I press around on my upper belly, where his feet are, until I find a little foot...then I rub it or press on it. And maybe it is some reflex, but he usually will move it away or flick it. So that reassures me he is fine. I just had to do it this morning for the first time in a long time because he was being so quiet.

I also find that if I just wait for a while, he will start moving around. I give him a couple hours, since I assume he is napping. I tell myself I won't freak out for two hours and if I don't feel him, then I will "take action." So far, I have had no reason to "take action." (I don't even really know what I would do...Lol). He always at least rolls over or flicks out a foot/arm in those two hours. It is a mind game, but helps me stay sane!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search