Blueberry Cream Cheese Tortilla (GD recipe)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Super simple, no need to cook (though I suppose it would be even better if the tortilla was crunchy).

-3/4 cup fresh blueberries
-1 whole wheat tortilla
-2 Tbsp cream cheese
-1 packet of Splenda

Just spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and cover with the blueberries (next time I might thrown them in the food processor to make more of a jam, so to speak). Then sprinkle the Splenda over the blueberries. I used two packets but this proved a bit overpowering. I caught a little hint of salt from the cream cheese and wanted more of that flavor but the sweetener was overpowering it.

If you just go whole blueberries use your hand to push them a bit into the cream cheese so they'll stick better (this is why I'm thinking of blending them up next time so I can just spread it on).

And I'm also thinking that I might go for mixing 1 Tbsp peanut butter in with 1 Tbsp cream cheese to use as the spread. A bit more salty flavor, but there's protein and then the second fat you need for breakfast (if your meal plan suggests 2 fats, I'm using the higher calorie plan since it has less carbs).

If I blend the blueberries next time then I'll probably put everything in the oven and bake/broil it so the tortilla is a bit crispy. Or I can roll it up and have it that way.

With the 2 egg whites I ate, overall this meal contained around 30g of carbs. It's gave me just over the 1 oz of protein (the tortilla was 3g of protein). And gave me my 2 starch/fruit/milk (tortilla and blueberries for 1 starch 1 fruit) and 2 fats.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm sure anyone who reads this will already figure, but you can change out the fruit for other kinds like bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, whatever! And I think lunch and dinner allow 3 fruit/starch/milk so you could do that for either of the meals and have two fruit on top. I was going to use banana as well but then realized I could only have 2 fruit/starch/milk. So blueberries it was!

Studies are saying that blueberries are great for the pancreas.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

Last edited by Alaska-Su; September 1st, 2011 at 01:32 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search