We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So, I realize not everyone will eat, or even have access to wild game such as pheasant, but I still thought I would share one of my favorite recipes for fall. This is something I look forward to every Autumn, when hunting season begins here! (This recipe can also be used for chicken, but the flavor of wild game just isn't comparable )
1 full pheasant (skinned and cleaned...head, feet, wings removed)
1 pack of bacon (smoked is best)
1 cup of chicken broth
1 white onion
1-2 cloves of garlic
salt & pepper
handfulls of your favorite herbs to taste (I usually grab some thyme and rosemary fresh from my herb garden)
(Pre-heat oven to 350)
1. In a large roasting pan, mix chicken broth, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, pepper and your favorite herbs. Set aside
2. Place half of the lemon along with a few of the same herbs used above, inside the pheasant body cavity (like stuffing a turkey). Tie legs to keep contents inside.
3. Sprinkle body of chicken lightly with salt and pepper
4. Wrap entire pheasant in bacon strips.
5. Place pheasant in roasting pan that was prepared earlier. Bake in oven with cover on for 25-30 minutes. If you like your bacon more crisp, the cover can be remove for the last 5-10 minutes.
6. When taking the pheasant from the oven, let it rest (don't cut into it) for at least 5 minutes. This really increases the juicy-ness!
I usually serve our pheasant with rice and my favorite seasonal veggies.
Thank-you Bokkechick for the beautiful siggy!
Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)