Pumpkin Cookies!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
I LOVE pumpkin anything but I expecially love these cookies, they are a GREAT morning coffee pairing!

This is the recipe I use

Iced Pumpkin Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
  4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
The only difference I do is use half cup brown sugar and one cup white sugar, And I only SOMETIMES do the icing (its pretty sweet) . I also add chopped pecans if I have them. They are DELISH!!

The dough is VERY cakey though so I usually use a bit of water on my hands to get them on the pan without sticking and flatten the peaks a bit. Yum Yum!!
September 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
MysticalSerenity's Avatar L♥ving my Babies!
Oh boy! I think I am in trouble now!

September 24th, 2011, 03:27 PM
MattieMay's Avatar Super Mommy
I brought these to a barbecue today - they were a big hit! I was too lazy to put the icing on them and they were tasty without it!
September 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
I made them yesterday and m,y sister wanted me to add chocolate chips all I had was butterscotch chips... BIG FAIL!! Way to sweet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search