Nursing Clothes!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Anyone get nursing clothes or do you plan to just lift up shirts? Also anyone really large chested, where do you get your nursing bras. I'm talking 36DDD or E by the time milk comes in. They didn't have as many options when I was nursing my dd so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Any recommendations would help.
September 22nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a few nursing tanks. I plan to wear those under button down shirts and cardigan sweaters.

September 22nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I wore a tank top under whatever i was wearing so that my belly didn't show when nursing. A good place to buy a nuring bra is a specality shop. I know Hot Milk is a brand.

September 22nd, 2011, 08:09 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
i do have one nursing top, but its also a maternity top and didnt know that it doubled up until i put it on! i do love it, but i prob wont buy anymore of them, i'll just wear a belly band or a tank and lift up or pull down the outer top.

Hot milk do have some great sizes and are sooooo beautiful!

September 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
1HotMama's Avatar Super Mommy
I never got nursing clothes with my other two and doubt I will this time. I just lift up my shirt and will use a cover when I'm in public.

I would do a general search online for nursing bras if Motherhood Maternity doesn't carry larger sizes.
September 22nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do have a few nursing shirts but they are from DD and it was summer time. I do love the nursing tanks from Target to lounge around the house in though! Otherwise, I just wear nursing bras, tanks and shirts over that so I can pump easily at work.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

September 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I haven't looked into any of this yet. I'll be home so i would get a few things for around the house but when i plan to go out i plan to have a supply of pumped milk that i will take in bottles.

September 22nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I think I'll probably just wear easy-to-access tops rather than nursing ones.

As for bra sizes, I'm no help sorry

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

September 22nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't wear nursing shirts with DS I just wore nursing tanks under my clothes almost every day. I'd pull my shirt up and unsnap the tank top. Between the 2 nothing ever showed!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

September 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also love the nursing tanks.....I usually wear button down shorts or cardigans or just something easy. The tanks are nice because they keep you covered....especially in the winter! they are also very comfortable. However, I've heard some larger chested women feel they need more support than the tanks give. I don't have that problem!!
September 22nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Yes I would have to find something to hold up my huge mambas! Do they make the nursing tanks in Holy cow size????
September 22nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I don't use nursing tops. & I don't think I ever lifted up my shirt.. I always just pulled the boob out of the top. I found that really easy & far less noticeable. However I get to wear tanktops pretty much all year round so I'm lucky with that. I guess if it was cold and I had to wear a top with sleeves it wouldn't be so easy. hmm.. never really thought about it.

Christine you should check out Walmart. They have HUGE sizes there! I don't know how large they go but when I was getting my DDs the hubby picked up one that was gigantic & put it on his head. that's how I remember.. hahaa!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

September 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kells, lol dds I kept thinking darling daughters and thinking wth I know she said she has a son... bahbahha. I had one nursing bra and I dont remember using it that much.

September 22nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just lifted up my shirt. If you wear a button down shirt, you can just unbutton the bottom few buttons and just lift one side. Also, the tanks that don't have the latch up top were my favorite, since I have to wear a bra anyway, and having to unsnap 2 things just gets annoying. I can't wear tanks with a built in "bra" anyway...does that work for anyone? I can't see how it would be supportive!
Anyway, for nursing bras, I just discovered Hotmilk! They're actually comfortable! And super cute, too. About as pretty as they could be without underwire (a good thing, IMHO) Right now, pre-baby and pre-milk, I'm a 36E. I'll probably have to go up another size or 2. I also kind of like the Medela ones without underwire. It's not as supportive as the Hotmilk one. I also think the Hotmilk might run slightly small.

September 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
When I'm at home I like to wear a t-shirt and just lift it, and take off baby's shirt/onsie so we can be skin-to-skin while nursing. I also have nursing tanks which are very convenient. And I have a few nursing tops (from Motherwear) that I love.
September 23rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Mommy2AandM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to a specialty shop and was fitted. I am a 42 DDD before pregnancy, so I know where you are! They were expensive bras, but very supportive.

formerly screen name "Audrey's Mommy"
September 25th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
I will probably buy a couple nursing bras and a couple nursing tank tops. I plan on wearing this with zip-up sweaters/sweat shirts for easy access. I also have a couple shirts from motherhood that are both maternity and nursing tops.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search