Big bellies on TV

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you noticed that whenever there's a pregnant woman on TV or the movies, they never seem to get bigger than about 5 months, and then they waddle around like they're huge. Maybe that's why people are looking at us thinking we're huge, because Hollywood has decided that it's only OK to have a cute tiny round bump. I was so enormous last time!! I have a short torso (well, short everything) and there's just nowhere for the baby to go but out. Just thinking.

September 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya possibly. Kinda like Rescue Me when Tommy's wife got pregnant she stayed one size lol.

September 23rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I think this is a very valid possibility! I feel like there is such a standard from TV and magazines for so many things that are just not realistic because well they are not realistic!! I'd like to see one magazine that wasn't photoshopped!

Like this for example!! It's not quite related but i like the example...Before and after shots for a Candies advertisement!

Last edited by Lorena26; September 23rd, 2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: to add picture
September 23rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
BulletMom's Avatar Metal Mama
lmfao I think your onto something here!

September 23rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Mommy2E&E's Avatar Super Mommy
You know I gave that a thought but your right! And why is it that they never gain weight anywhere else? No matter what they all have a tiny cute little belly.
September 24th, 2011, 04:39 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post
I think this is a very valid possibility! I feel like there is such a standard from TV and magazines for so many things that are just not realistic because well they are not realistic!! I'd like to see one magazine that wasn't photoshopped!

Like this for example!! It's not quite related but i like the example...Before and after shots for a Candies advertisement!
OMG I had to keep looking to the left and right then left and right and OMG I wish they posted the REAL pic of her!!! THAT is a real woman, NOT the one on the right!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

September 24th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by .zebeken. View Post
THAT is a real woman, NOT the one on the right!
Yeah well that's the media i guess, they can't have anything that's slightly below standard...which makes the majority of us look and feel inferior.

September 24th, 2011, 03:15 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post
Yeah well that's the media i guess, they can't have anything that's slightly below standard...which makes the majority of us look and feel inferior.
I'm feeling better about myself already LOL

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

September 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
MammaHutch
Hollywood makes everything smaller. It's not right. Because us REAL women get looked down on when we are beautiful...and real.
September 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate when they photoshop magazine photos. I feel like I'm always hearing about some big controversy about photoshopping to make the already skinny models impossibly thin, but nothing ever changes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search