My poor friend...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just feel so bad for her. She just had a baby 2 days ago by c section- it was her first, she went into labor on her own (she was scheduled to be induced tonight) and ended up with a c section because the baby was 9lb 12 oz and wasn't coming out! Her pregnancy was complicated by a hip problem/sciatica that made her practically unable to walk and she ended up having to take off work at like 30 weeks because of it. Well now they think she either broke or dislocated her hip trying to push the baby out- which is going to mean likely surgery for that on top of a c/s to recover from. Not to mention since she had to take off work so early she now only has 6 weeks of maternity leave left, and recovering from a hip fracture or dislocation is going to take a lot longer than 6 weeks- she's an ER nurse and is usually on her feet for 12 hours. That just stinks so bad!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

September 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
OH poor thing

If she has a broken hip can she look into some other kind of disability other than just Maternity leave ?

September 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Oh no!! How horrible for her that's so sad!

I'm sure her work will give her paid leave to recover from her hip surgery? I don't know how your "accident" payment thingies work over there, but we have ACC here (Accident Compensation Corporation).

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

September 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't thought about that! I bet she can, I used to work at that hospital and I know they offer short and long term disability- so I'm sure those could take over once maternity leave is up since she has this new complication. She just posted on facebook that it is a dislocated hip fracture and she now has to be transferred to another hospital, one that doesn't have L&D (which means she may not be able to have the baby with her, at least not all the time). In our area the 2 best hospitals to deliver babies are "women's hospitals" where they only do women's related problems, i.e. not orthopedics. So she has to go to another hospital now. I hate this for her!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

September 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I would be so heartbroken to have to leave my little one to go to another hospital. I will be praying for her

September 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
Poor thing. Her dr can extend her leave i believe.
September 25th, 2011, 01:03 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
oh no I hope she recovers soon!

I had to be admitted to a hospital again after I had my first baby because I was having severe water retention and complications. Although they try and discourage it they did allow me to bring my baby with me, but I had to sign a waiver. Maybe she can ask if they would allow the baby to stay with her?
September 25th, 2011, 01:07 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, that is terrible. I feel just awful for her. I will be thinking of them.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

September 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Aww man, that's horrible! They will be in my t&ps.
September 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Yikes!!! That's terrible!!! I hope she has as fast of a recovery as possible!!!

September 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing! I cannot even imagine! I hope that she is able to get some sort of leave on top of the maternity leave and I hope that she recovers quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search