Let's talk spouses.....haha

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Super Mommy
I feel like with the addition of 2 more children (have a son from previous marriage), I feel like my hubby and I don't have fun anymore. We are like roommates. I am always tired and usually go to bed after my kids do because that is the only time I find that I can relax and read. We don't have much in common as far as television goes. What does everyone do to keep the ol' flame burning? We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary in July so we should still be feeling the spark. I am not a nympho at all!!! My libido is pretty much non-existent but I really crave for us to be fun like when we were dating.....Anybody have special things you do with your man? I hate feeling so distant from my DH.

September 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Mommy to girls
Can you guys pick some movies that you would both like and watch them together after the kids go to bed? Can you ask him to do something silly like paint your toenails? ( they might not turn out the greatest) Maybe ask him to wrestle? Can you make his favorite dessert or ice cream sundaes or something to have together after the kids are down? Play a competitive game of cards? I know these all sound a bit silly but sometimes it just takes doing something toghether that you haven't done in a while.
September 30th, 2011, 03:40 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could have wrote this post myself. I have no advice for you. But DH & I both know these days of having young, very dependent kids are short & we'll eventually have time for each other again Until then our focus is on the kids. It can suck sometimes though & I definitely feel like we're roommates.

September 30th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly? DTD more, even if you aren't in the mood. I usually don't want to at first, but I start having fun within 5 minutes and I ALWAYS feel better/closer/happier/whatever after.

September 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My emotions towards my husband aren't great right now. Lots of anger and resentment and distrust so I have no advice except to say a big ditto to Leah if you can find the time It really does help.
October 1st, 2011, 01:03 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did Dance Central on Xbox Kinect the other night and were laughing the pics and video playbacks it does. We basically were just silly. We are DTD more, I even initiated the other night which he loved. We cuddle on the couch even if he is watching something i don't like, we play cards or board games together. We're going on a date tomorrow night possibly which we love so we can just go to a nice dinner, have a few drinks, talk & catch a movie. We love to cuddle at the movies! Tonight watching a movie he kissed the palm of my hand and said I U which is our new thing. That's how our 2yr old says I love you.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

October 1st, 2011, 06:18 AM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
I am sooooo not in the mood and I blame BFing. I do it anyway but not very often. Like once a week maybe. But we have had 3 week gaps also. I want things to get back to normal..... but sometimes sleep feels sooo muchj better!! lol

October 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww we had our 5 yr ann in july too...the 28th. Me and John are just goofy all the time. I tickle him, we wrestle, sex helps....we see each other MAYBE 2 hrs a day due to his job, so between the job and 2 kids its tough to have alot of time together...but i make the time we DO have together good times

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

October 1st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was not in the mood for a few months and I really think it had a lot to do with the mini-pill. I stopped taking it 4 days ago and woke up actually wanting to DTD this morning. And it was more amazing than it has been in a while. I think those hormones were suppressing my sex drive and making me a total ******, because we have been getting along a lot better since I have stopped taking it. Maybe its hormones that are causing this, in addition to the stress of the kids? If not, just ignore me lol, all I have to go in is my own experience.

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!
October 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM
LuvMyLwAaMr's Avatar *Heather*
definitely need a date night.... it feels great when we can just go out to dinner and have a couple hours to ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth04 View Post
I was not in the mood for a few months and I really think it had a lot to do with the mini-pill. I stopped taking it 4 days ago and woke up actually wanting to DTD this morning. And it was more amazing than it has been in a while. I think those hormones were suppressing my sex drive and making me a total ******, because we have been getting along a lot better since I have stopped taking it. Maybe its hormones that are causing this, in addition to the stress of the kids? If not, just ignore me lol, all I have to go in is my own experience.
i totally agree that the hormones in any of the pills kill the urge! even in my late teens with no kids I didn't have much desire, but every time I'm without the pill I'm usually trying to make sure we dtd very frequently! I got upset with dh a couple weeks ago because I was ready for more and he was exhausted

October 3rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
momof4mnkys
John & I make it a point to DTD everyday. Yea, im tired as heck sometimes, but honestly, it makes everything better. We also play around a lot. He tickles me, we play wreslte, I chase him around the house etc.
October 3rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randijo2 View Post
I am sooooo not in the mood and I blame BFing. I do it anyway but not very often. Like once a week maybe. But we have had 3 week gaps also. I want things to get back to normal..... but sometimes sleep feels sooo muchj better!! lol
My poor dh....he is def waaaay deprived...esp from what he was used to getting!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search