TMI - Stool Softeners

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
When I had Kaylee, the nurse gave me some stool softeners because I was scared of my first PP BM. The first time was no problem so I stopped taking the SS, but the next few times hurt so I started taking them again.

I noticed after a couple weeks that whenever I didn't take the SS for a few days I would really have to strain to go and I would end up bleeding from my bum, and it was extremely painful.

Fast forward to now (6 1/2 weeks PP) and I bleed enough to make the toilet water red, and it hurts enough during and afterwards to make me cry! I FINALLY noticed on Thursday that the SS bottle says not to take them for more than a week or you will start needing them to go to the bathroom. So I stopped taking them...

Here we are Sunday and I haven't had a BM since.

I'm starting to worry that its going to KILL ME when I do finally go. Should I take more SS or just wait it out??

I mentioned the bleeding to a dr at the clinic on Thursday and he said "It will fade in time." *rolls eyes*

Any advice would be great, I don't know what to do!
October 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
drink lots of water, perhaps some apple or prune juice and eat lots of fiber. I would stay away from the ss.
October 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
water, water, water, fiber, coffee and OJ always works for me

\
October 2nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Happy Mommy
yep yep water and fiber
October 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Veteran
I wrote about this before too. I did sane thing with softeners. Stopped and had to eat tons of fiber to go normally. I think I have what's called a fissure. I'm seeing dr tomorrow so I'll let you know what ge says. Kind of feels like poopong glass? It healed and then came back. I decided to try to spray myself down there with dermaplast they gave me in hospital for episiotomy . I spray it on bum before I go and it has changed my life. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to but I can go pain free therefore not making me strain or tense. If I get any good info tomorrow I'll pass it on.
October 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks so much! Yes, I'm not sure if its a fissure or a hemorroid but I am leaning more towards fissure as well! Pooping glass is %1000 it! Please do let me know what your doctor says, and I will try to find fibre-rich foods in the meantime!
October 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah hello fellow bum bleeder. Mine feels like I'm pooping glass too lately and bleeds. I was going to try taking colace, but haven't gotten around to buying it. I think I'm gonna have to get some metamucil or something. I feel like an old lady saying that, but it's not fun having to poop. I actually kinda dread it.

Good luck on your quest to get a remedy to stop this bum bleeding.

October 2nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Haha thanks

It's weird how it just happened after I had my daughter! At first I thought I just popped a stitch, but after all this time I don't think that's what it is anymore.

I feel like my insides are swimming I have drank so much water!!!!
October 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm that's strange. is there a laxative in your stool softener? typically if it is colace all it is is glycerine (soap) and it isnt a laxative just something to make it soft. it shouldnt cause you to actually go....

water and fruit. lots of fruit - with the skin.... apples, peaches, anything with skin - watermelon is great for water content. NO bananas - they are binders!

morning coffee or a little chocolate helps me!
October 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'm actually at the emergency room right now... I finally went to the bathroom, but there was so much blood and pain it scared me enough to come get it checked again.
October 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
I'm actually at the emergency room right now... I finally went to the bathroom, but there was so much blood and pain it scared me enough to come get it checked again.
oh no! Keep us posted!
October 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Got some suppositories with cream in them that I should use every 8 hours, he also said to get metimucil and keep taking the stool softeners.

I also have a referral to see a surgeon Definitely not looking forward to that! I mean, who wants butt surgery? lol
October 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just an FYI Fiber One bars oats and chocolate and oats and peanut butter are AMAZING!!! I have been snacking on them since I had kaylen b/c they taste great and they are something quick for me to grab and eat!!! Good Luck!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search