how are the pets adjusting?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Happy Mommy
how are the pets adjusting?
October 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
Gia (my very mini min pin) is very protective of both the kids--Yoda (our deaf boston terrier) could care less.

\
October 2nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Happy Mommy
O is finally talking to me again. he wouldn't go near me or my bed for the longest time, and he slept in my bed every night since we got him.

but he is still mad, and still jelous of her. not directed towards her, but me makes me so sad and mad at the same time, because he is being SOOOO naughty.
October 2nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Our dog is still acting up a little more than I would like, but I have to cut him some slack because he was literally my fur baby for the first two years of his life so it has to be a HUGE adjustment for him!

I find him worst when I am doing something with baby that takes up all my mind and body (like feeding or changing) and I can't even spare him a glance.
October 2nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are all fine, except for one of our cats. She was mad at me for several weeks and completely avoided me. She's a lot better now, but still not as friendly with me as before.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Kim
they've adjusted so much better this time around. They both want to snuggle with him so badly, and our one dog loves trying to lick him

October 3rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
Happy Mommy
oh the licking. O will lick her face after she throws up. something about tha tmilk drives him nuts. and it drives me batty, I don't like him licking any of us, but most def not her and not her face...
October 3rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hog is 16, mostly deaf and blind and pretty senile so I wonder if he even realizes there is a baby most of the time. Every once in a while he notices her in the bouncy, sniffs her head, then moves on.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 3rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cats are surprisingly wonderful. They "mark" his head when he's nursing and haven't shown any sort of aggression towards him at all. My only gripe is that our female cat thinks that the nursery belongs to her and tries to sleep in/on everything in there, including the changing table and pack-n-play. We don't even use the nursery yet but I don't want her to get into those bad habits.

Meanwhile the dogs (which actually belong to my dad, not us) totally suck. They aren't mean or weird about the baby but they are just so LOUD. They are the sort of dogs that bark ferociously if the wind so much as blows in their direction, so they are constantly waking him up or startling him with pointless barking and it irritates the pee out of me. I usually just leave them out in the backyard all day now because I can't stand them being inside and disturbing the baby. I don't know what I'm going to do when it starts snowing and they actually have to stay indoors. I really can't wait to move out of here and not deal with them anymore. I always thought I'd want a dog of my own one day but after living with this two mutts I can safely say that I never, ever want to be a dog owner. Such a shame that they've ruined it for me.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

October 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Bad dogs are just like bad kids - it's all about the parenting!!!
October 3rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The dogs love her. One of them howls when she keeps crying. It's actually quite funny and it does make Lilli quiet sometimes. It's like he's telling her that it's ok and to hush! lol! The other one loves to lick her. One of our cats absolutely loves her, but the other doesn't. She tries to help when we give her a bath and change diapers. It's cute.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
October 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Our dog Chewy is doing so much better. He is always sniffing Cole and wants to lick his toes. Chewy however likes to steal Cole's boppy when hes not in it. His barking gets on my nerves a bit but Cole seems to ignore him most of the time now. Our cat could care less other than she darts in the nursery when we open the door and wont come out. Our other cat went to live with my MIL right when Cole came home. No issues with him just happier he can be outside with her being more in the country.
October 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Roscoe, a very large and hyper but SWEET Border Collie/Catahoula mix, is very curious about Brynlee. When he is let in the house or out of his kennel in the mornings, he runs straight to wherever she is. He always smells her head and if she is in the swing and I'm in the kitchen, he sits on the floor and looks at her. I think he loves her.

Roxie, our older Border Collie/German Shepherd mix, is a little less interested. She just recently started smelling her. She usually just comes in the house and goes straight to me or goes and lays down in one of the rooms with a cold floor.

Our cat, Rita, is a mommy's girl. She loves to be in my lap. She just recently started getting near me if the baby is near me. She would only come near me if Brynlee was somewhere else. I think she figured out that the baby isn't dangerous lol.

Oh, reading Dani's post reminded me...

Our cat runs STRAIGHT TOWARDS Brynlee's room as soon as I open the door. She immediately lays down on the rug in there and rubs around. If I am changing or dressing baby, she is in there. The other day, I found her sitting on the glider!

October 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
They could care less, but they both keep sleeping in the bassinet, which annoys the crap out of me. The little kitty will get in there when Keelan is in there, but Neely's cat, Ally will sleep in there when he's not.
October 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
Bad dogs are just like bad kids - it's all about the parenting!!!
normally I would agree, but you can't reason with a dog who doesn't understand why the attention is not on them like it used to be because of the baby. at least human kids you can explain things about the baby and such.
October 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
normally I would agree, but you can't reason with a dog who doesn't understand why the attention is not on them like it used to be because of the baby. at least human kids you can explain things about the baby and such.
October 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
shalynn19's Avatar Veteran
Talon our German Shepherd... is severly jelous, but at the same time loves Ariana to death. He is weird anyway lol. He licks her on the head whenever he gets a chance, but gets jelous if i pick her up or payt attention to her. He is adjusting it is just taking a lot of time. He has been my baby since he was 6 weeks old, he is almost 3 now. He has become extremly protective of the house now though, He has always been protective, but now it is like his protective insticts are in overdrive. He won't even let me answer the door unless he is in front of me, before she came home he would stand behind me when i answered the door. He doesn't greet people with his friendly tail wags and happy mood either. He is more on alert and watchful when I open the door.
October 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our dog has become incredibly jealous and tries to get between us and our baby lol. Shes also become overprotective of our house and when anyone comes over she flips out and tries to nip at them. She used to never do that so were really at a loss of how to control her behavior. Disciplining her has no effect on her anymore

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
October 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
had to share:

\

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search