Milk blister OUCH!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I had been having some really intense pain while nursing, like a pinching pain that got progressively worse. Finally a white blister appeared on the tip of my nipple so after googling and reading everything I could about it, I found that I was going to have to pop it! Just the thought of it brought tears to my eyes, made me feel like I was going to pee my pants actually lol. Anyways I finally found the courage and just did it. I popped it! And to my amazement the pain was gone almost instantly! I had to express some milk, because it was thick and had formed a clot because of the blister but after a couple of nursing sessions it is feeling so much better!
I just thought Id share that in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar circumstance.

Also is anyone having pain with nursing still? Colton is 5 weeks and 2 days, and Im still having nipple pain. I suspect that he has a bad latch. Im finding it impossible to correct it.

How long did you have pain with nursing?

[/url
October 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Happy Mommy
ouch!!

no lasting pain. some times when she first latches on if she is extra hungry, or middle of the night and we are both being lazy. but it doesn't last through the feeding.

hopefully you'll get sme relief soon!
October 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ow that sounds painful. If he's angry he'll latch bad and pull my nipple around like he's trying to rip it off but for the most part his latch is fine. I hope the latching goes better!

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
October 4th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've got a blister right now. Allison has issues on my right side.

October 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I've got a blister right now. Allison has issues on my right side.
Its my right side as well! I just took a small pin and popped it. There was no pain with the popping at all, and what Ive read is that if you dont pop it, or rub it so that it pops, your milk ducts that are affected can become infected.

[/url
October 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Ouchies!
October 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got several milk blisters when nursing my other 2, they hurt like heck! I'm glad popping them doesn't hurt, it is intimidating to think of sticking a needle in your nipple

Quote:
Also is anyone having pain with nursing still? Colton is 5 weeks and 2 days, and Im still having nipple pain. I suspect that he has a bad latch. Im finding it impossible to correct it.
I'd suggest seeing a lactation consultant to at least rule out a bad latch. If his latch is okay, I would say it's thrush. Everytime I've had it, my only symptom was nipple pain, my DD's never had the white spots in thier mouth.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

October 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi4 View Post
Its my right side as well! I just took a small pin and popped it. There was no pain with the popping at all, and what Ive read is that if you dont pop it, or rub it so that it pops, your milk ducts that are affected can become infected.
I've had several over my nursing life (TERRIBLE with Erin, and some with Patrick....always my right side, I wonder if there's something wrong with my nipple. ) and they've always ended up popping while nursing. I've only had to pop it once, and that's when my milk ducts behind it were clogged.

October 5th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ouch, that sounds awful.
Thanks for letting us know what to do in case anyone else gets the same symptoms.
October 5th, 2011, 05:52 AM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
ouch!!

\
October 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Miles is 6 weeks old and nursing still hurts every time, the whole time. Ours is definitely due to bad latch. You know when you sometimes see people in their posts talk about the baby occasionally slipping down and only nursing on the nipple, causing them pain? That's the only way Miles can/will eat. It blows. Go see an LC if you can.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

October 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Ive been to see an LC several times, they think his latch looks good, lip is curled, he just likes to nipple feed as well. Hes doing ok, getting what he needs so I put up with it. Im assuming that my nipples are going to toughen up soon and adjust to his technique. Im hoping anyways!

[/url
October 6th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my nipples are raw, they literally feel like a skinned knee does. But they don't hurt while nursing, just during latch on. They are still very sensitive to my shirt fabric too and i hate it when she kicks one breast while nursing on the other. She's also doing a lot of cluster nursing and nursing for long periods.

But I am still adjusting to the pump (up to 9 mins per side!) so that might be a big factor.
October 6th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi4 View Post
Ive been to see an LC several times, they think his latch looks good, lip is curled, he just likes to nipple feed as well. Hes doing ok, getting what he needs so I put up with it. Im assuming that my nipples are going to toughen up soon and adjust to his technique. Im hoping anyways!
That's not necessarily true. I was blistered/cracked and bleeding for 6 months with Erin's latch issues. Finally I was in so much pain constantly that I realized I HATED feeding her, and she'd get into a full scream before I could screw up the courage to nurse her. Finally I switched to formula. To this day I don't know why I let myself go 6 months. My nipple is actually scarred.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search