Getting/Giving Advice Sibling Style

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Do you ever give advice to your bro/sis?

What about the sibling in law?

Does your bro/sis ever give you advice?

When you are given advice by bro/sis, do you listen to it, or brush it off?

When you are asked for advice, do you shoot it straight, or do you sugarcoat?

October 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I and his one cousin and her husband are the only ones with kids. I don't tend to give advice while the cousin tends to give advice about anything and everything. Like telling us how to change a diaper after she had her son-our daughter was born seven weeks BEFORE her son was born. We kinda had it figured out by then. I just brush off a lot of it.
October 5th, 2011, 05:12 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever give advice to your bro/sis? when they ask

What about the sibling in law? yip,

Does your bro/sis ever give you advice? of course

When you are given advice by bro/sis, do you listen to it, or brush it off? depends on if I agree or not

When you are asked for advice, do you shoot it straight, or do you sugarcoat? straight up with tact

October 5th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My sister and I talk daily and we give each other advice and just listen to the concerns each is having with the kids (she has 2 boys 6 & 8). We have been like this since our mom died. We dont really have anyone else to talk to.

Depending on her advice I take it with a grain of salt a lot of times.

Her husband has been part of our family for so long, I dont really consider him an in-law. He is just my brother. I get life/career advice from him, and we talk about all kinds of adult things (career, money, life plans).

I dont really talk much to my brother and his new wife. I wouldnt ask them for baby advice since they havent had any kids yet (I did ask her for unplanned pregnancy advice in the beginning).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you ever give advice to your bro/sis? Yes, my oldest sister and I are best friends.

What about the sibling in law? My brother in law...he often asks me for relationship advice..?

Does your bro/sis ever give you advice? Yes.

When you are given advice by bro/sis, do you listen to it, or brush it off? I listen, but I ultimately make my own decision based on what I believe will work best for me in my life.

When you are asked for advice, do you shoot it straight, or do you sugarcoat? I am a very blunt straight-shooter.

10 weeks

October 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you ever give advice to your bro/sis? Brother....no. My sister I have when she has asked about something specific.

What about the sibling in law? My brother's wife is awesome, I have asked her advice on a few things. My SIL that's married to BIL....no.

Does your bro/sis ever give you advice? My brother did after I had Austin (they had their 1st about 2.5 mos after I had him). My brother read every parenting book known to man. It wasn't really giving me advice but more so bragging about how their great parenting worked and that was why their daughter slept so great from day 1 ( Austin was a horrible sleeper). He made me feel like a bad parent and made me feel like what I was doing was wrong. Most of all that has bit him in the ***** now. Their daughter went through the normal terrible 3's stage and he didn't know what hit him. Glad all those great parenting books were working so well for him LOL!!

My sis just had her 1st last year but she will share some tips/tricks that she has learned of.

When you are given advice by bro/sis, do you listen to it, or brush it off? My sis I listen to. But she really doesn't offer advice unless I ask or unless she has heard something new or tried something new that works. We both hate getting unwanted advice from others! My brother.....read the above. He no longer does though.

When you are asked for advice, do you shoot it straight, or do you sugarcoat? Shoot it straight. But I don't push my beliefs or parenting ways on others. Everyone does things differently. I always end everything with "you are the parent, you just do what is right for you and your family."

October 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Do you ever give advice to your bro/sis? Yep, but they're 7 and 14.

What about the sibling in law? When she asks, sure.

Does your bro/sis ever give you advice? No, but again, they're young. My SIL will give advice if I ask her.

When you are given advice by bro/sis, do you listen to it, or brush it off? My SIL, I take seriously.

When you are asked for advice, do you shoot it straight, or do you sugarcoat? I'm a straight shooter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search