Staying awake!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
What do you momma's do to stay awake during night time feedings?? How about the day time?

Aniela had her own little party for 2 hours at 5am and I was watching Baby Story on t.v. LOL
October 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I watch a movie - we don't have cable or get any channels so it's a DVD for me. I can't stay awake otherwise and haven't figured out how to nurse while I'm sleeping. DH sleeps through it all!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

October 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mmmmmmm... I sleep and nurse

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm usually able to stay away enough to feed her, but not sure exactly how -lol . I usually try and sit in a hard chair at night next to the bed and I'm sure that probably helps keep me somewhat awake. DH also is great help and support and is often awake or at least halfway awake and helps me through the nights.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

October 5th, 2011, 07:46 PM
mommyakawifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I barely stay awake. We cosleep in the beginning so I don't have to get up or anything.

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3
October 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I sleep and nurse. Cruiser, I just lay on my side with him in the crook of my arm and put his mouth level with my nipple and once he's latched I go back to sleep. DH keeps fussing at me that he's nursing all night and getting fat lol.
October 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Well I did go on JM or facebook on my phone, but I googled how to nurse lying down and now I sleep/rest while nursing its kinda awkward I'm still figuring it out but its a lot easier then sitting straight up in bed trying not to pass out

October 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
I don't know if you can say what I do is awake we do alot of the side laying position... If I think I'm going to fall asleep we use a nipple shield one night of a bad latch about ended BFing for me but with the shield he can get a good latch even if he falls asleep and wakes back up very lazy mom here! I only have to be half awake through it all!

October 5th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She wakes me up to get her latched on and then I doze while she eats This early with my other two I had to sit up to feed them but Isabelle is a pro at side-lying to nurse and actually prefers it when we lay down together
October 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Super Mommy
I am so jealous. my LO wakes up and will not go back to sleep for hours after she eats! and she wants to be entertained so no sleeping while she is awake. last night she got up at 2am and was pretty much up until 8am. she would doze off and as soon as i would lay her down, she was right back up. i put her in her swing, she was fine for 15-20min then would cry... so put her in teh boucer, same thing. she wants me to hold her and talk to her all.night.long. she is only a week old and i am already exhausted! DH is ZERO help. he has not changed one single diaper and i could count on my fingers the minutes he has spent holding her since she was born! anyway, i pass the time watching tv and playing with her.

October 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
^My son was like that!! Omg he never slept! I remember once it was 6am he was up for like 9 hours. That was soo hard.

Aniela has her days where shell think its party time at 5 am..like last night. But after 2 hours shes done thank goodness!!
October 6th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We co-sleep, so she has easy access to what my DH calls ninny all night. I'm not even sure she wakes up at night, because the past 2 mornings, both my breasts have been full, and she's wanting to eat like a little pig at 7 am!

October 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
wwwmom2011's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we co-sleep and most nights I nurse and sleep but sometimes Willa is wide awake and will not sleep..lol so I talk to her and enjoy the time of one on one with her...with cuddles and kisses even if its 3 am!

October 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
I sit up and keep the lights off. I want Nathan to learn its' nightime and so far so good. I usually sit there dozing off and on until he is done. It is quite difficult to do though.. I am not going to lie.

October 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Cwright's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2twolittlemen View Post
I sit up and keep the lights off. I want Nathan to learn its' nightime and so far so good. I usually sit there dozing off and on until he is done. It is quite difficult to do though.. I am not going to lie.

I do the same, I was going into the living room and watching TV but I feel like she does better in the dark. My head nods off an on and sometimes I just rest my head on my hand and catch some zzz's until she's done.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my Siggy!

October 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am a "sleep nurser" but I do sit up. He does not latch well if I am not sitting up against my pillows. But once he is latched on, I doze right back off. He just lets go when he is done and I will lay back down if I wake up when he does that (he sleeps on me). If not, he just wakes me up for the next feeding and I latch him back on. I remember trying to stay awake with Liam and I generally failed. So this time I am not even trying!
October 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We cosleep too so I just latch him on and go back to sleep.

October 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
DexysMidnight's Avatar Super Mommy
Usually I'll surf online on my phone.. once dh gets up and out of bed for work I can do a side lying position and doze off while DD nurses. Dh isn't comfortable with cosleeping as he sort of flails around while asleep.
October 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nara is usually awake for a little bit after her feeding so I usually get online, watch tv, and talk to her. I've read to her some and some times I snack too.

October 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
At night - I sleep during feedings! During the day I usually watch BBCA (Kitchen nightmares or The F word, my favorite shows) or catch up on the DVR. If I am not watching something or trying to eat while he eats... I fall asleep. I forgot that breastfeeding is a natural sedative!

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search