What do you do...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Veteran
when your baby has been fed and stays up for anywhere between an hour to 3 hours before going back to sleep? I typically try to interact with him, cuddle with him, put him on his play mat, or in his swing. Just curious...

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!!

October 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do all of what you do, depending on what DD is doing. I feel bad that sometimes he spends more time in his bouncy chair than I'd like, but he's looking around at things and getting talked to. Mostly he likes to be held though.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

October 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Nathan is still so tiny that he just gets swallowed up by the bouncy! I can't wait until he is closer to 7 pounds, so he will fit better. Usually, I use the swing and boppy pillow. Its so different with number 2! With Bradley I would hold him and talk to him all day. This time, I can't because I have a toddler runnign around and I can't leave him in the swing unless I am right there because Bradley likes to give him joyrides. I am also using my sleepy wrap now. That is very helpful!

October 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Depends on the time of day... During the day I like to hold her, tummy time, bath time, some swinging, chilling the Boppy.

If she would try that with me at night (fingers crossed she does NOT, LOL) she would get the swing and some Baby Einstein!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hold her. Right now, Peyton is only awake for up to an hour at the most, and since she has some older siblings, we have more willing hands to hold her than I had when the first babies came along Yesterday, we did try the bouncer for a little bit (finally got batteries for it) and she fell right asleep!

October 6th, 2011, 02:43 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I hold her talk to her, kiss her, just spend as much time with her as possible. We do mat time in the evening.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 6th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She often in her swing or sometimes we put her in her crib to try and get her used to that. Also talk to her a lot and DH likes to "rough-house" with her as he calls it, but of course not really as she still way to young and little to actually call it that. Kynslee is for sure a daddy's girl already unless she's eating
October 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
When this happens its usually in the early morning so its just me and her. I talk to her, kiss her, play with her and watch some t.v. as well.
October 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
My little man is awake most of the day I would say he's awake 9 to 10 hours a day so he gets held, talked to, tummy time, swing time then I put music on and pray he will fall asleep lol I have. NO clue why he's awake as much as he is but he's been like that from the beginning
I guess I'm just glad he does it during the day!!

October 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I usually sit and hold him, talk to him, try to get him to smile for me, subject him to lots of pictures lol. When he's up the boys all beg for a turn to hold him so he gets passed around a lot. We wear him out pretty good when he's awake LOL!

Facebook
October 7th, 2011, 11:30 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
At night I just keep trying to get her to sleep...use the swing, etc. During the day I'll talk to her and use the play mat and stuff
October 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
hippie hugs's Avatar Proud Mama to a Preemie
We do a lot of tummy time with Roan. I'll lay on the bed with him laying on a blanket, and I just talk to him / watch him / keep him company. Sometimes we'll put him in his boppy, rock him in our arms, bounce him in his chair.. Other times we just hold and read him Treasure Island. Get him appreciating good literature before he's even one!

Thank you Claire1979 for the amazing siggy!

October 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read to her a lot and talk to her.She gets tummy time, bath time, and someone is usually always holding her.

October 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Offshoremama78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He mostly does this in the middle of the night.. uurrgg... I have been trying not to let him sleep
longer then 2 hours at a time durring day and play with him more.. So I dont end up a walking
zombie by morning time..

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search