Growth Spurts!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 06:41 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone experienced the dreaded 6 week growth spurt?

Yesterday, Savannah slept ALL day which is very unlike her, then we attempted to go to bed. Ha, what a joke! We were up ALL night!

She wants to eat every 1.5 hrs instead of her usual 3hrs. She's super fussy & gassy. Has constant hiccups & just seems less than content. Wants Momma to hold her alllllll the time!

Please tell me this doesn't last long! ha

For those who have gone through it, please share your stories!

I think I'm going to have an extra cup of coffee this morning!
October 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep! We went through it as well as just going through another growth spurt. Brynlee is 10 weeks as of this week. She started consistently eating 5-6 oz per feeding at about 6 weeks. We would try to give her a pacifier after 4 oz, but she really wanted that last 1-2 oz to satisfy her. It lasted quite a few days of her just being...ravenous and it was even worse with breast feeding because she wanted to stay on my boob for over 30 mins per breast!! I was dying!! (Now she only gets frozen breast milk and formula.)

She just recently hit another growth spurt and I think we're still going through it. She is wanting to eat more often and doesn't seem to always get full with a 6 oz bottle (not EVERY bottle). We are giving her 1 tbsp rice cereal at night with her bottle (too soon for your baby, I know) and that seems to help. I just didn't want to add rice cereal to more of her bottles. We gave her some for 2 days with her morning bottle and it does keep her fuller longer, BUT it made her little tummy a little constipated.

Anyway, yeah...the 6 week spurt should pass within a few days/week or so!

October 7th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going through one with my son...Although he is 11 weeks. He did this at 6 weeks as well. He will drink 4oz, then an hour or so later be rooting around again, so I either give him boob or 2oz, and then an hour or so later another 4oz bottle. It is a pain!
October 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried Gripe Water for the hiccups, gas, tummy issues? We were using gas drops because that is what was recommended and they didn't do crap for us. She was still VERY gassy and boy did her farts stink! She would make this painful face when she pooped/farted/etc and she was very burpy, too.

We tried Gripe Water and it is great for us. She is much, much better.

Also, what kind of formula are you using? A lot of times, a certain formula works until a baby hits different growth spurts and then that formula isn't the best fit anymore (our pedi told us this). We were on Enfamil Newborn, but she was very gassy so our pedi said to try Enfamil Gentlease. It was helping until she hit her 6 weeks and she got "bad" again. So the pedi told us to try Similac Sensitive and that was the same week we got a sample can in the mail so we tried it and it's great for her!

October 7th, 2011, 07:26 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mandy- I haven't tried gripe water yet, just Mylicon but I will pick some up today! Willing to try anything at this point!

She was on Enfamil Newborn but because of her reflux, we switched her to GentleEase at 2 weeks & she's done well on it.

She has a pedi appt next week, so hopefully the doctor can give me some answers!

Thanks for your advice! I appreciate it! You girls rock!
October 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yep, we've had a few of those already! I hope things get better soon!
October 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Happy Mommy
I think it lasted about 3-4 days for bob.

bob gets hiccups when she is cold. so I get her all warmed up and that makes them stop.
October 7th, 2011, 06:35 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post

Also, what kind of formula are you using? A lot of times, a certain formula works until a baby hits different growth spurts and then that formula isn't the best fit anymore (our pedi told us this). We were on Enfamil Newborn, but she was very gassy so our pedi said to try Enfamil Gentlease. It was helping until she hit her 6 weeks and she got "bad" again. So the pedi told us to try Similac Sensitive and that was the same week we got a sample can in the mail so we tried it and it's great for her!
We went through the same issue with our Savannah. We are now on Similac Sensitive, which she has been on for the last week. Seems to be working great. We had a growth spurt around 4 weeks and it lasted about 3-4 days. I could tell something was still wrong though when the growth spurt was gone and then we switched. I think she is starting another growth spurt though. I have a little piglet here!

October 7th, 2011, 11:05 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh yes. Dominic did that for about 3 days I think. IT was more recently though, maybe an 8 week growth spurt? They have them every once in a while it seems and I do not enjoy getting up 7 times a night!!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
SoHappy's Avatar Veteran
You have to try the gripe water, it is amazing! Jack can be super fussy and gassy and i give him some gripe water and about fthree min. later, he passes out and sleeps for a few hours! Soooooooo nice for the both of us lol
Jackson - August 25, 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search