How are you eating?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you still eating the same as when you were pregnant, is it healthy or not so much?
Are you on a weight loss diet of sorts?
Are you on a Breastfeeding diet?
No time to even eat?
To tired to remember what you ate?

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
*KaraBeth*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eating so much better than when I was pregnant! I lived on poptarts
I really find that I don't have time to eat or just forget being so busy..

October 7th, 2011, 11:26 AM
mommyakawifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
P90X fat shredder diet.

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3
October 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am eating about the same as pregnant. But a little more than I did pregnant and prolly slightly healthier (I like fruit again, which was a no-go in pregnancy).

I am craving sweet stuff like crazy, but I have limited myself to "treats" during the day to try and keep my weight loss going. But I won't do a weight loss diet at any point.

I am eating a fairly healthy, balanced diet for breastfeeding (fruits, veggies, whole grains, milk and dairy products, treats), but nothing specific. I did not even know there were specific ones! Lol.

I always try to make time to eat. Otherwise it makes me grumpy and then I get snappy with the kids (even the newborn!). Plus, I don't want to damage my milk supply and not getting enough can hinder production.

And yeah, I totally could not list off what I ate so far today. A bit bleery-eyed today. Mr. Man is being difficult lately.
October 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I eat pretty much the same. Definitely not on a diet, I don't want to risk my milk supply at all. Weight is coming off though, even eating sweets every day (some sort of dessert).

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

October 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cruiser, that's great that the weight is coming off!

I'm eating a high protien, high fruit/veggie, high fat diet. (I know that sounds counter productive, honestly, it's not!).

Breakfast is usually bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs with a glass of real oj or whole milk and coffee.

Lunch, sometimes eggs again (lol) or cottage cheese (with at least 4% milk fat) and tomatoes with a bunless hamburger smothered in sauteed onions and green peppers, or a salad. I also have some homemade beef bone broth, thanks to a dear friend, which is a healing food.

Dinner - well tonight we're having pork and sauerkraut - I walked past it in the store this morning and said that's dinner! with mashed taters. Last night we had pizza for dinner with salad and cottage cheese.

For snacks, it's usually a piece of fruit or a handful of baby carrots, and a glass of whole milk.

I'm limiting my bread and sugars, because I need to lose about 50 lbs on top of my pregnant weight gain. The 50 lbs is from my previous 5 pregnancies - literally, I kept a pesky 10-20 lbs on my frame after the first 4 pregancies. Lost everything from my 5th, tho, and 3 more to go with this one.

Pretty much, the only sugar I'm allowing myself right now is what's in my coffee. I do have a pack of short bread cookies on hand for a snack, but haven't really wanted them. If I feel a sweet tooth, I grab an orange or a banana.

I am kind of having to make myself eat, though, because I haven't really felt hungry since having the baby?

October 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I've been eating horribly (not necessarily WHAT I'm eating, it's when). I have very little time to eat, so I frequently forget. It's NOT good and I worry it will effect my milk supply, so I've been trying to get better about it.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
wwwmom2011's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stay away from spicy and gassy foods, and I'm caffeine free...

I am bf....and so far this has been working for Willa..she is happy...and me too!

other than that no specific diet..not trying to loose weight, etc...

I drink tons of water as well...

October 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am eating the same, too many sweets! I still could just live on cake and be happy! I hope that fades otherwise I am gonna start gaining! I was lucky to have not gained more that 10lbs pregnant and now that I have lost 20 I wanna lose another 15 and I would be HOTTTT again, LOL! If I don't lay off the sweets that is NOT gonna happen!

I am also making sure to get in healthy stuff to keep milk production going good and I do only do 1 caffeinated beverage a day, I drank 3 diet cokes the day after delivery and Kaitlyn was up ALLL night that 2nd night in the hospital!

No diet for me... ever... a diet would make me a cranky B LOL I am already a cranky enough B HAHAHA

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM
kiszi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^^ ditto on the dieting LOL

i eat probably about the same amount and types of foods as before, some healthy stuff, some not so much. plus more coffee and a little wine. Oh, I forgot! No ice cream for now b/c it made LO incredibly gassy, I've cut way down on cheese & milk too and it seems to have helped. Just temporary I hope!

October 7th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Cwright's Avatar Super Mommy
Yea, I eat the same. I still crave sweets like crazy but I haven't eaten hardly any dairy products and still no caffeine. I plan to start weight watchers for BF moms once I return back to work to help me lose these lbs!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my Siggy!

October 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Super Mommy
I am eating pretty much the same, including the wicked cravings for chocolate. My oldest has just started guiding and so we were responsible for selling two crates of cookies. I have to restrain myself from eating the whole box I really really want to eat healthier so that hopefully this extra baby weight will fly off with all the nursing... heck a momma can dream, right? I am thinking that at this advanced maternal age the weight doesn't come off as easy as it would have if I were younger.
October 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Worse now! But I had GD so I couldn't eat much of the yummy foods I craved.. So I'm eating then now. I didn't gain any weight while preggo and I'm down 21lbs, so I'm trying to cut back on the sweets and start walking every night till the 6 week mark and then I'll really start watching what I eat and kick up the workouts...

October 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I'm eating a huge amount of sweets, just like last time when I was BFing/pumping for my son! I was in the Marines though so I had to run every day and I ate HUGE bowls of ice cream afterwards haha.

My milk is extremely fatty so I think that's why I crave sweets so much while I'm breastfeeding. At least I lose weight though! I gain so much during pregnancy that I would really be in trouble

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search