6 week growth spurt anyone?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG!!! I thought I was SERIOUSLY going to have a mental breakdown yesterday. I even told my husband that it may be easier if I went back to work!!! That is how EXHAUSTING Kaylen was yesterday and the past 3-4 days!!! I thought an alien had come down and taken over my lovely daughter and implanted a fussy one in her place!!! My past 4 days have been exhausting, physically, mentally and emotionally!!! She wanted to EAT CONSTANTLY as soon as she was done eating she would cry...not just wimper like SCREAM!!! she would hardly sleep...naps were pretty much nonexistent....MAYBE snuck in a 20minute here and there that gave me JUST enough time to pump....between pumping, feeding, cleaning house, changing diapers, ATTEMPTING to soothe her, and not eating myself b/c there was just NO TIME!!! I was at a breaking point!!!

Finally today I had time to look up online and come to find out it was a growth spurt!!! Halleluja!! now today it is like MAGIC all of a sudden I have my normal baby back!!! Playing, smiling, NAPPING!!!! Normal feeding schedule!!! OMG I was seriously going INSANE!!! So I know we all have different dates here but anyone else go through this lately?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

October 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we're going through this right now. There isn't any screaming but he is a little fussy, forgot how to nap and has an insatiable appetite.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

October 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kaylen wasnt' just a little fussy....I mean I think she was EXHAUSTED herself from crying, and eating and crying and eating and she was eating so much she was missing her sleep!!! Not good for ANYONE involved LOL!!! THANKFULLY I have my sweet baby girl back!!! LOL!!!

October 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yeah, we've had a few actually. Thankfully they do pass!
October 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Alex had a growth spurt a couple weeks ago. It was miserable.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Happy Mommy
yep, lost of great discussion here

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...th-spurts.html
October 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Allison will be 6 weeks tomorrow and we're just coming out of one. Just when I think we're good she starts up again though, so....yeah...

October 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Carter went threw a growth spurt where he had to have 6 oz to keep her satisfied that lasted for about almost 2 weeks now hes slowly wanting just the 5oz again and only 6 oz bottles before bed and after his long stretch of sleep (4-5 hrs normally)
October 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Alexis has been going through one the past few days. She's not quite that bad, but she's either sleeping a lot one day, or eating a lot the next day. She's been really fussy, especially at night, but that's been normal for her for hte past few weeks.

Expecting baby #4!

October 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Savannah had one earlier and I had to up her food intake to satisfy her and then she went back down. I think she might be starting back up again. Today she has been wanting to eat every 1.5-2 hours. She usually eats every 3-3.5 hours. It takes a while to get her mind off food. Not getting much done due to her always wanting to be close to me and always awake.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search