Baby sleeping thru the night

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it a bad thing?

Ever since buying Emma the "miracle blanket" she sleeps anywhere from 5-9 hours straight. Knock on wood..... 8.5 hours straight last 3 nights. Is it a bad thing that she sleeps thru the night?
She is not underweight obviously. (13 lbs and in 86% percentile)

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
October 7th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Mummy to great girls
That sounds like a miracle! I just got one for Zoe but she wants her hands free all the time.......dont think mine is working. And nothing wrong with her sleeping through as long as she is getting plenty to drink during the day. Good job!

October 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's just fine, especially at her age. My first started STTN at 8 weeks if I remember right. As long as she's getting enough during the day, why worry?

October 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, it's totally fine. DD would sleep though the night quite regularly by that age.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
tulipgen's Avatar Veteran
Vincent has been sleeping through the night ever since we brought him home

October 8th, 2011, 05:30 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
No I wouldn't worry at all....but what is this miracle blanket? and where can I get one? lol
October 8th, 2011, 05:43 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No need to worry unless her pedi is saying wake her up to eat for some reason. DS was on those instructions, but once they saw how quickly he was gaining and what a huge eater he was, he came off of those instructions pretty quickly. He went from every four hours, to every six over night, and now he sleeps from 8:30p-8:30am. Obviously he's a lot older than everyone else though.

October 8th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did Emma like her hands being tucked away before getting that blanket? Ayla is still a huge pain. she cried for 3 hours last night, and refused to eat and sleep again. I am desperate. She doesn't like being swaddled with her hands tucked away though, so I am wondering if it is worth buying.
October 8th, 2011, 06:34 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Enjoy the sleep!!!!

And Rae that is wonderful that Xavier sleeps so long each night I'm a little jealous

October 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
It's totally normal. It's also totally normal if she wasn't STTN, too. Enjoy the rest!
October 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I wish Allison was!

October 8th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Did Emma like her hands being tucked away before getting that blanket? Ayla is still a huge pain. she cried for 3 hours last night, and refused to eat and sleep again. I am desperate. She doesn't like being swaddled with her hands tucked away though, so I am wondering if it is worth buying.
The miracle blanket is sold at babysrus. It is a blanket that tucks their arms down at their sides, then you finish swaddling them.

Emma HATED HATED HATED having her arms inside and pinned down. But with this blanket she doesn't mind. She fits for 1 minute and then passes out. Then in the middle of the night she'll wiggle and get her 1 leg free and try for an arm, but doesn't succeed in the arm area. LOL

I'm telling you Emma hated her arms tucked in but has been using this blanket for 4 weeks now, and has slept 5-9 hours straight a night.

October 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Mummy to great girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlove08 View Post
The miracle blanket is sold at babysrus. It is a blanket that tucks their arms down at their sides, then you finish swaddling them.

I'm telling you Emma hated her arms tucked in but has been using this blanket for 4 weeks now, and has slept 5-9 hours straight a night.

I tried it on Zoe again last night and SUCCESS! She slept through the night. She hated it before but I dont think I did it snuggly enough. I am so pleased this has worked and would now recommend the Miracle Blanket to everyone.

October 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Happy Mommy
yep totally okay
October 8th, 2011, 07:54 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use the Woombie. He can actually stretch his arms and hands up towards his face in it, they don't stay pinned to his sides. I dunno if it works better for him or not, I just think it's easier using a zipper versus doing velcro or fussing with the miracle blanket. I've had a few nights he's gone 6 hours and one night that he went 8! (Though I still have nights he doesn't go more than 3.5 hr). It sounds awesome but I don't get the full benefit b/c I refuse to go to bed as early as him, LOL. Still great though. I have tried using the Woombie for naps as well but I still only get 45 minute naps.

Oh and when he sleeps those long stretches, he does wake up, but puts himself back to sleep.

October 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen+Zoe View Post
I tried it on Zoe again last night and SUCCESS! She slept through the night. She hated it before but I dont think I did it snuggly enough. I am so pleased this has worked and would now recommend the Miracle Blanket to everyone.
Yay so glad to hear it!!!!!! I love that blanket. It's amazing. now what do we do when they hit 14 weeks, they say to swaddle til 14 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search