Banana Crumb muffins

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Veteran
1.5 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas mashed (i used 3.5 since I wanted to use them all up)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter melted (i measured before melted)
1/3 cup brown sugar (I needed more but I don't know how much extra I used)
2 tbsp flour (I used about 4 tbsp)
1/8 tsp cinnamon (i used double)
1 tbsp butter (I used 1.5 tbsp)

Preheat oven to 375. it says it makes 10 I made 12 too afraid they would overflow and I'm so glad I did that. use paper liners and spray the top of the sheet since they overflow a little (wish I knew this beforehand) in a large bowl mix together 1.5 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. in another bowl mix together mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. (I used a hand mixer to mix so it was really creamy but it doesn't call for that) Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. ( I let the stand mixer mix it for about 3-4 mins to add air so they are light and fluffy) Spoon batter into muffin cups. (each took 2 ice cream scoops and then I split the little bit left over the rest) In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar (I needed extra), 2tbsp flour (I needed 4 tbsp) and cinnamon. cut in 1tbsp butter until it resembles coarse corn meal (I used my hands and This was trial and error until it crumbled right) Sprinkle topping over muffins (I pushed it down into the muffins when I was done so it didn't all fall off when it rose, but it didn't call for this) bake in preheated oven 18-20 mins until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. So delish!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search