Thursday Three!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby?
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you?
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you?

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 13th, 2011, 06:30 PM
squiggles's Avatar Veteran
My SO was up in the beginning to help but now that he is back at work and doesn't know exactly what to do yet to calm him down so yeh mainly it is me hehe. He is really good at helping me around the house so I gotta give him props.
October 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Steeler Mom's Avatar Veteran
My DH will get up once on his nights off. He's not good at soothing Jacob when he's crying. Even though this is our 3 child in 5 years, he still asks me what to do! He's much better with the kids when they get older. DH hasnt said who he thinks Jacob looks like, but everyone thinks he looks like DH. I am ok with that cause my other 2 look just like me.
DS#1 Alex -Dec 6, 2006-4yrs
DS#2 Eli -Sept 26, 2008-2yrs
DS#3 Jacob - Sept 9, 2011

October 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM
DexysMidnight's Avatar Super Mommy
I get up and try to let dh sleep, but if she's really fussy he gets up to help. He can calm her down better than I can. At birth DD was almost 90% me, but she's growing into a good mix of us.
October 13th, 2011, 07:01 PM
AmandaScarlett's Avatar Veteran
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? he takes the middle of the night shift and i wake up a little earlier than normal to take the morning (both of us are working)

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? she only cried when she's hungry so he knows exactly what to do.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? he thinks she's his twin and she totally is!

October 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? No--DH works overnights so he isn't there And on his days off, he's utterly exhausted by the time nighttime rolls around because he worked all night and stayed up all day since he was off so he is in no shape to be up with Isabelle Besides which, if Iz is awake, she wants to eat and he can't take care of that

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? yep, he brings her to me so she can nurse because that is pretty much the only thing she cries for

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? We both think she's the spitting image of our second son when he was born In fact, my nurse had to remind me a few times while in hospital (and on the really good drugs they give you after the section......) that I had had a girl and that this wasn't my second son Bryce
October 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I breastfeed so there's really not a lot he can do for her at night. However, around 5:30 she can sometimes get a little restless in the bassinet and if I've fed her sometime in the past hour and a half I will wake him up and he'll take her to the recliner and they will both sleep there together the rest of the morning.
He will change her pants and swaddle her. He does fairly well with her.
She looks more like him. We compare her looks to dd#1 a lot and dd#1 takes after him for sure.

October 14th, 2011, 03:24 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? Yes he does, even thought it makes me feel awful, he works a LOT
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He knows what to do, he is better with her if she is super fussy
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He thinks she looks like DD!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 14th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? If he's on call I don't let him get up with her. He's working over full time and on call. I'm barely working part time and my hours are mine to set. He gets up with her if he's off or has been home a long time.

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He's a mix of both. He pretty much does process of elimination and if those don't work he hands her to me.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? She really dosen't look like either of us. She got dark hair from somewhere and dark grey eyes(DH is blonde/blue eyes and I'm a redhead/green eyes). Her skin tone is more like his vs. mine. She has my eye shape. Everyone says she looks like me but we don't see it.

October 14th, 2011, 06:14 AM
mom2moose
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? No, but he works. On weekends, he gets up with them in the morning and lets me sleep in though!!!!

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He tries to handle it for a while, but if it goes on too long, he'll give him to me.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He hasn't said. I think Finn looks like his daddy.
October 14th, 2011, 07:18 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
DH doesn't get up at night. But he is also working and I am a SAHM. On the weekends, he will get up with Liam so I can possibly catch some extra sleep (if Kieran is sleeping still).

Mostly DH hands him to me. Most of the time Kieran want to eat. And if he doesn't, frankly, DH is horrible about handling crying babies. He panics. So he just passes him off.

I don't know that he has said who he thinks he looks like. BUT, I know he has agreed that Kieran looks like my youngest brother...who sorta resembles me. Liam is DH's clone, so he is prolly fine with the fact that Kieran resembles my side of the family.
October 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
wwwmom2011's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? nope I nurse so no need
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? oh yes he knows how to comfort, soothe, change a diaper, and burp her! lol
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? both of us!

October 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? No, but he gets up when Xander does and takes both boys for awhile so I can sleep.
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? Not really..he's not really good with babies..He doesn't like that they can't tell you what's wrong. lol
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He actually hasn't said. Everyone else says he looks like me and we both think he looks a lot like Xander did.
October 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? Absolutely!
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He knows what to do. We are very equal in our parenting even though I'm a SAHM.
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? HIM! She is his twin! lol

October 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? He would if i woke him up, but on weekdays i take all the night feedings, and on the weekends ill wake him to take one

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? Umm yes and no. If he gets to fussy, he hands him of too me.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? Has no clue. He still cant even tell DS1 is his twin. I tell him all the time that Evan looks SO much like DD, and he just says, " If you say so", haha

October 14th, 2011, 03:47 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? No..I let him sleep since he has to get up for work in the morning.

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He knows what to do!

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He think she looks like me. I think she is a good combo of both of us, just like DS is

Tags
thursday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search