Anyone's LO still in the infant carrier???

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Veteran
We are moving Brit into her big carseat this weekend. I hope she likes her new ride
October 14th, 2011, 09:05 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope she likes it too.

Logan is still in a graco infant seat. We bought a Cosco Scenera. We use it as a backup for both our boys. Once he has outgrown the infant we might buy another scenera or something else.

October 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
afauce
Ethan has been in his big boy seat for a few months, but he is still in the infant seat at the sitters. I am going to keep him in that until he is completely out of it, to buy a new one for 1 day a week is hard right now. He loves the big boy seat! He likes to look out the window
October 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Veteran
I am hoping she is ok with it. She hated the car for the first 5 months and seems to put up with it now. I hope making the change doesn't put us back to square one with the whole car situation.
October 14th, 2011, 09:46 AM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
our infant seat broke s we bought a new britax and <3 it. although it was & still is hard to adjust to not just carrying him around in his seat.
October 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
Amelia is still in hers, but we need to install the big one soon, she's getting close to the weight limit!

October 14th, 2011, 10:09 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Sofie is in an infant seat still too, hilarious because she came home in the convertible but we switched to the Chicco we were given shortly after that. I can't wait to not carry that stupid seat around (I leave it in the car a lot already), but I'm afraid of what happens when she doesn't have her toy bar across the handles. That things saves some of the screaming.
October 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
Kerrigan is still in hers too but it's a Graco 32 and she is only 19lb. She has a way togo. I sometimes wish I had her moved over to her Britax but then she will fall asleep andI successfully move her inside and then I'm grateful she's still in her infant seat. LOL
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

October 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
natalie is still in hers. The weight limit is 32 pounds which is coincidentally how much that dang seat feels like it weighs without her in it. I hope the next carseat is lighter.
October 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sam is still in his BabyTrend carrier. It has a 30 lb weight limit and when I said to DH that we might need to bring the convertible down from the attic, he said "But he's only 20 lbs!!" I'm like "Um yes, but he is 30" and his feet are hanging way over the sides!!" LOL! DH doesn't want Sam to grow up so fast. For now, he is still in... We travel so much on airplanes that I'm going to HATE now having that carrier, but I know I'm running out of time quick! He is getting to be a big boy!

October 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Taylor is still in hers, but she only has an inch to go before she out grows it, so I'm thinking by Thanksgiving she will be in her new one. I've been putting off getting the new car seats because we will need 2 and I just don't want to spend the money.

Jaime, at least he won't need his own seat until he's 2 on the plane!! Even then, do they HAVE to be in a car seat on the plane? Because if not, I plan on renting one when we rent a car at our final destination
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

October 14th, 2011, 07:03 PM
brie_91's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sadie is still in the infant carrier most of the time because she always falls asleep in the car and I hate waking her when I get out. I have the "big girl" car seat installed in my van and put her in it if I'm for sure she won't fall asleep or if I'm just going down the road. She's little, so she'll probably be in it for a while longer
October 14th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Sabrina is too tall for her infant carrier...we got a new one about a month and a half ago.
October 16th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beth is still in the infant carrier for now. I'll probably buy a new one in the next couple of weeks. We hardly carry her in it because she is getting heavy in it.
October 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, Annette is still in hers. She's only 15.5lbs and the limit is 30lbs so we are thinking she will be in it till Jan. when she's 1. We have the Cosco Serena in DH's truck and she LOVES it..I prefer it more than the infant seat but its soooo nice to take the infant seat out when she crashes in the car and I can just bring the whole thing into the house without waking her

We also got another Cosco Serena from K-mart for $32.00 on sale which will be the one she uses in my car once she's done with the infant one.

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz
October 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedx7 View Post
Kerrigan is still in hers too but it's a Graco 32 and she is only 19lb. She has a way togo. I sometimes wish I had her moved over to her Britax but then she will fall asleep andI successfully move her inside and then I'm grateful she's still in her infant seat. LOL
That's pretty much the situation for us too. We have the Graco 35 I think. She won't be in it that long because she'll get upgraded to her new seat before baby #2 arrives in February. I keep thinking I need to switch Em to the convertible because it's so unwieldy to carry her in the seat, but then she'll fall asleep on our way to Walmart and I'm thankful I don't have to wake her up!

October 18th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Veteran
Mere is still in hers. She is well under the weight limit of 30lbs. @ 19 lbs. But her legs are too long for it. I'm afraid we don't have much more time left in it........:0(

Mackey, wife to Rah and Mom to
Micah, Michaela,Matthew,Mason,Miles,Macauley,Mireya and Meredith
October 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ruby is still in hers. She probably won't outgrow it before we switch. The only time I carry her in it is from house to car and back. I never leave her in it at stores, etc. It's too heavy! But it's good when I'm getting out of the house with all 3 kids. I figure in the next month or two I will switch her to the convertible we have. She doesn't often fall asleep in the car anyway, and when she does, she wakes up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search