What am I doing wrong!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2011, 04:32 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Seriously! I'm beyond frustrated and exhausted. Taylor suddenly is waking nightly between 3-4am and won't go back to sleep. I'm at my witts end. We tried CIO and all she did was progressively cry louder and more. I gave in and gave her a bottle and she fell asleep until I laid her in her crib and she woke up WIDE awake wanting to play and will NOT lay back down. The Dr said today she doesn't need the bottle at night and that she's prob having done separation anxiety from me but this cannot be normal. Any ideas what I can do?
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

October 18th, 2011, 05:13 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Wish I had the answer. We've been fighting it for 2 weeks now. I just pray she sleeps from 12-3am, otherwise, it's a minimum of 2 hours to get her back to sleep. I rock her and it takes forever to get her back asleep. She could be as limp as can be in my arms, but the minute I put her in the bed, she's awake and wanting to play...

I won't try CIO, but I've tried having her in my bed and providing no stimulation all she does is lay there and look around wide awake. It's so frustrating, but many of the January mamas were having the same issue last night according to the Facebook statuses. Nicole and I have been fighting it for a couple weeks and Rhys posted about it earlier this week. I don't think you're doing anything wrong and since so many of us are dealing with it, the good news is that she is normal in this behavior. Bad news is that I don't know if anyone has a solution.

October 18th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Maybe it's just the 9mo sleep regression? Glad to hear I'm not alone. This is week 2 also for us. I'm exhausted. And to top it off, we ended up with a new puppy that we were NOT planning on getting. She's 14 weeks old and I'm starting to realize she's a handful and I'm not sure I want to deal with it and an almost toddler AND we already have 3 older digs, 2 of which are not fans if her energy and playfulness. Sigh....it's gonna be a LONG next few months.
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

October 18th, 2011, 06:23 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Was she sleeping all night before? I'm sure it's probably just a phase. Logan of course still doesn't sleep all night ever. My pedi really wants me to try CIO. I'm just not ready for that yet. My goal is to do it over Thanksgiving break when DH is home all week and I can get some sleep during the day. I think it's going to be awful. But I am ready to return to my own bed.

October 18th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah she was sleeping all night until about a week or so ago. CIO at naps and bedtime hasn't been bad but at 3am trying to comfort her without picking her up or a bottle is hard!! I think it made it worse last night. In pretty sure had I giver her a bottle at 3 she would've been back tosleep by 4 but I'm afraid of creating a bad habit even though she still ended up getting it.

Hopefully once you get him used to his crib he won't get up at night. Good luck!

October 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went through this with Ruby recently. It was 3 or 4 am, each night. I nursed her, she fell asleep, I laid her back down. If she wasn't totally asleep, her nighttime music thing helped. Luckily for me she always went back to sleep, although I often DIDN'T and then was very tired the next day. I am sure it's a phase. I remember my pediatrician telling me my son Henry no longer needed to be fed at 9 months---BUT, that was after he had been waking up to eat 1 or 2x since birth. In Ruby's case, she had STTN since 6 weeks, so I figured if she DID wake, she probably was hungry. She has since stopped.
October 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know this is happening in our house too.
The last 2 weeks have been Rough. I thought maybe he was getting more teeth, or his little cold was bothering him. But ouch it was/is rough

Only the last 2 nights has he finally only woken 1-2 times.
Our problem is both DS's share a room. So Kolton goes down 7-730 then when the big kid goes down @ 8/830 if he wakes up kolton which has happened Regularly it's a LONG time to get him back to sleep like over an hour

what is with all our kidlets and bad sleep habits
us mommies need Sleep!
October 18th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Veteran
We've been kind of going through it too. Brit will cry at 3, and then again at 4 and then again at 5. I just go in there, make sure she has a paci and leave. Anytime after 6 I will get her and nurse her. She was sleeping beautifully a few weeks ago. This has been going on about 2 weeks too. And now, her morning nap used to be an hour is maybe 30 minutes now. So weird. Just when you think you have it all figured out...
October 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I was doing some googling, and it seems we may have a bunch of LO's going through 9 mo sleep regression. It says it will last anywhere from 4-6 weeks....sigh

October 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrunningmom View Post
I was doing some googling, and it seems we may have a bunch of LO's going through 9 mo sleep regression. It says it will last anywhere from 4-6 weeks....sigh
I'm going to die...

Even if you can nap, naps don't make up for interrupted sleep. I'm already getting up every hour and a half to pee. Seriously? 4-6 weeks?

October 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been dealing with this, too. I have been feeding him at night, but I probably need to stop. We go to the dr. on Friday for his 9 month, so I am going to talk to him about this. This is about a mess anymore. He does the whole crying as soon as he lays back down thing, which is frustrating. I hope we get it fixed ASAP!

October 18th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Yup, it said 4-6 weeks. In gonna die too! I can't nap except on the weekends. On a zombie right now. I can guarantee she WILL be getting a bottle tonight when she wakes up in hopes she will go back to sleep.

October 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Veteran
Today she barely napped. Normally she will nap at least one good nap (at least an hour) today it was two half hour naps, that's it!!
October 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Veteran
It is not anything we are doing wrong. We have had it here too. Here it has been that Em wakes more often then she does normally. I think a big part of it is teething. Normally she will wake once we give her a bottle and she goes right to sleep. Lately she will wake around 1 am have a bottle and go back to sleep and then up again at like 4:30 or 5 am and not want to go back to bed. She is already not the best napper in the afternoon. It just makes for a long day. I remember when Ky did this it was usually around the time that she would have a growth spurt (I don't care what they say babies feel growing pains) or teething. I am confused as to why the Dr doesn't want you to give her a bottle at night. Ours have always said it is fine at night as long as we are not putting her in her crib with it, and once she is on whole milk to stop.

October 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong!You're lucky, Anthony has never slept through the night and now we co-sleep and I literally lay there while he nurses all night.My pedi wants us to do the CIO and I won't lol

My niece did the same at 9mo, she kept waking at 2-3am and they had to give her a bottle.It happened for almost 2 months and then it just stopped.She knew giving the bottle wasn't the answer but it was all that worked

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search