Ravioli Casserole

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Julka
Ravioli Casserole Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

This is DELICIOUS if you like Italian type food (pasta, lasagna, etc.). It's meatless and much easier to make than a lasagna. My husband & kids love it! We usually use 3-cheese tortellini instead of ravioli, but both would work. I also don't buy the frozen kind, but the refrigerated kind you just throw into boiling water for 6-8 minutes. And I use fat-free cottage cheese!

Ravioli Casserole
6-8 servings
Ingredients

3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli, 1-1/4 cups of sauce, 1 cup cottage cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Last edited by Julka; October 26th, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
October 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just curious, could you add meat to it? like a ground beef?
October 26th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Julka
Yes, I think you could Just brown it in a pan first & drain all the yucky fat/goo that leaks from it, then I think you could do like 2 layers of it.
October 26th, 2011, 05:44 PM
jojow
Julia, do you think I could make a freezer meal out of this? Looks delicious!
October 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Julka
I honestly don't know because I don't freeze meals But since I know people freeze lasagna and this is somewhat similar, my guess would be YES. It's realllly delicious & I like how tortellini/ravioli taste, especially the ones filled with 3-cheese, NOM!
October 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM
jojow
That's what I thought too, about lasagna. I am making 4-6 weeks worth of meals for after the baby is here. I did it after my third and it made things so much easier.
October 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Cool! I will definitely try this!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search