BF moms... How many times are you nursing?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just curious how many times a day everyone is nursing. I'm moving towards weaning and I got it down to three. When he wakes, then around 3-4pm, and then after dinner. I'll probably cut the midday first, but it's weird. He literally cries for it around that time. It's like he has held out as long as he can!

November 4th, 2011, 06:12 AM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I'm a pumping mommy and I just cut out my afternoon pump session at work. What a relief to not have to lug that pump around any more! But I still pump in the morning and get 7 oz, and then I nurse her at night. We are using frozen BM for the rest of the day, but I think in total she is only eating 2 bottles at school and then her nursing session at night, so right on track with Grayson.

[/url]
November 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I nurse 3 or 4 times during the day and at least 3 times at night but it's usually more like 6.

November 4th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also a pumping mommy - and I am pumping 5x a day still My freezer stash seems spoiled - so I am just trying to keep up with him now!

He gets a 7 ounce bottle when he wakes (5 ounces, +2 ounces in his morning cereal) - then 2 5 ounce bottles during the day, and then I typically nurse him once in the evening.

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
November 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
I was literally just thinking about posting this same thing yesterday. I feel like Isaiah still nurses so much more than most babies his age.

He nurses about 6-7 times a day. 4 times during the day and 2-3 times before he is up for the day.
November 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
She nurses about 4 times a day and anywhere between
3-6 times a night. I am not considering weaning ever! The boobie buffet is open 24/7 until she is done!
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

November 4th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemama View Post
She nurses about 4 times a day and anywhere between
3-6 times a night. I am not considering weaning ever! The boobie buffet is open 24/7 until she is done!
I wish there was a "like" button on here...

November 4th, 2011, 11:08 PM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Annette is self weening. I say this because I have a very slow letdown, it honestly takes about 2 or 3 mins of sucking in order for my letdown to come.
Now that she's mobile, talking ,clapping, eating table foods, she pretty much is over waiting for the milk to come. She sucks and then gets distracted and detaches...and then gets pissed that nothing is coming out fast enough for her. And now she can hold her bottles so just LOOOVEEESS to be miss independent..I swear this little baby thinks she's like a 10 year old sometimes!
She still likes her boobie in the morning and just recently sometimes at night (which is just weird cause that use to put her to sleep EVERY night)...
So now we are down to like 3 or 4 feedings a day. For sure the mornings, and at night but now the day time nursing is dwindling. She just looooves her bottles, she has always been such an aggressive eater. I'm happy because she is ready and doing it herself but I'm also sad that she's already "over" it.

I'm still pumping at lunch at work to keep my supply up and about 4 weeks ago we started supplimenting with organic formula...now she's about half formula and half breast milk..

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz
November 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
My little guy doesn't seem all that interested in milk in general.I nurse him to sleep and then periodically all night long (its a looong night).
He is mostly just using me to fall asleep but I'm sure at some point he's getting some milk lol
during the day I try bottles and he gets bored and maybe drinks 4oz or so.
Sometimes during the day if he is super fussy for whatever reason or tired or banged him head, I just whip out the boob and nurse him for comfort
November 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natalie nurses when she wakes up in the morning, over my lunch hour, sometimes when I get home from work and before she goes to bed so 3-4 times a day. She takes a couple bottles at day care but has gotten really hit or miss on these. She likes to sit at the table and eat real food so I find we aren't nursing as much.
November 6th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Brit hasn't been much of a nurser for awhile now. I nurse her when she wakes up, and then before her first nap and then at night (a half hour or so after she falls asleep). The rest of her milk she gets in her food that I pump and mix in or in a sippy cup that I offer her through out the day.
November 6th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Probably about 5 times a day.

November 9th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Veteran
Mere nurses about 4 times a day. One of those times is the night feed just before bed. Though I'm weary, I don't see weaning anytime in our forseeable future.

Mackey, wife to Rah and Mom to
Micah, Michaela,Matthew,Mason,Miles,Macauley,Mireya and Meredith
November 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grayson nurses 5-6 times during the day, but he sleeps all night long 8p-8a.

November 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My booby buffet does need to close up shop. He is eating plenty of solids, drinking whole milk with my doctors blessing, and is nursing at this point only for comfort. I have some overnight work trips coming up, and I need to be able to leave him. I hardly get anything while pumping and all that does is cause me misery. I am proud of myself for nearly ten months of nursing, especially considering my mom can't even talk about BFing without being grossed out. It is not something I ever thought I would do, but I did it and I'm ready to wean.

November 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM
midwifemama's Avatar Veteran
Lola nurses 8-10 times a day when I am not working. Days when I work I would say closer to 6 and two bottles of breast milk. I hate pumping so plan to stop pumping in March or April. I hope she continues to breastfeed though until she is two at least.
November 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sophia is right up there with Lola. She really isn't fond of food. She'll eat but still expects a full breast feeding session. She also breastfeeds to sleep. She breastfeeds several times during the night. I no longer pump but need to start up again. I had a lot of frozen food but then the freezer stopped working and it spoiled. Ugh. Anyway, don't plan on stopping any time soon. We'll wean when she's ready.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search