Spending the Night Away

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone let their LO spend the night away yet?

November 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
Nope, he still nurses at night, but I have spent the entire day away shooting weddings (10-11 hours).
November 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No. I'm a freak - I admit it! My brother mentioned that we should all go out, and dump our kids at my mom's house one weekend, and I swear my anxiety level rose! YIKES!!!

My BIL is turning 30 in February - which may be cause for a Vegas weekend - so he may be staying with my inlaws then!! But - I keep my little guy close to me!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
November 4th, 2011, 09:22 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no way. i would not be able to handle being away for a night i dont even like being away during the day which is rare.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
November 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Only if you count her staying in the hotel room directly across the hall from us. We have done that twice....once with his parents and once with my mom. We got her as soon as we got up. I doubt we will do it anytime soon at home as his parents live an hour away and he won't let her stay there because they are old, some health problems and there isn't a hospital close enough for his liking
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

November 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Um, I must be a freak! But HECK YES she has stayed away. And in fact, she is spending the night at my inlaws' house this weekend. The primary reason she stays away is because all my family lives 35 - 45 minutes away. If we want to go out for the evening, it is too much trouble to drive all the way out there twice to drop them off and pick them up. Usually its a Saturday night and my folks or my sister will bring them to church Sunday morning.

[/url]
November 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natalie spent one night at my mom's house so we could go out of town for a football game. She'll probably spend the night next weekend too. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be but I sure missed her like crazy that next day.
November 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Parker has stayed away two weekends. It was kind of nice to get away and just be a person for a weekend, but I missed my baby, that's for sure! I am not real big on being gone from him now with how much he changes day-to-day. Also, during the summer I was with him all the time, so it didn't bother me as much. Now I am back at work and I want to spend all my spare time with him.

November 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
Nope! She needs her Mama still. We nurse and don't use a pacifier. If I leave her it is only with DH, and just for an hour of 2.
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

November 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom offered to keep Logan overnight for me tonight. I told her what her night would be like and she still said she would. But then she told me the kids weren't going to their mother's until tomorrow so I just told her no. DS1 was spending the night away when he was a month old. He had stayed several nights with my mom by the time he was one. I think Logan needs to stay with me though.

November 5th, 2011, 07:34 AM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
Noooo! I have only been away from him for a couple hours at a time
November 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Veteran
I'd do it if I had family close by and if I didn't think that Reid would keep them up ALL night. He is such a mamma's boy when it comes to night time. He even gives his Dad a hard time....I just don't see him going easy on anyone else all night. Maybe when he's older....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search