Friday Five!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
borrowed from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

1. What natural disasters (earthquakes, tsunami, volcanoes, wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones, floods, landslides, etc) is your area prone to?
2. What natural disasters have you experienced firsthand?
3. Have you ever been evacuated due to a natural disaster?
4. Have you made/do you make any special preparations in case of natural disaster where you live?
5. What type of natural disaster scares you the most?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
1. What natural disasters (earthquakes, tsunami, volcanoes, wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones, floods, landslides, etc) is your area prone to? blizzards? Not sure if that counts.
2. What natural disasters have you experienced firsthand? Been through a few hurricanes. We were evacuated when my brother was born.
3. Have you ever been evacuated due to a natural disaster? Yep, answered that below. My brother was born in the middle of a hurricane.
4. Have you made/do you make any special preparations in case of natural disaster where you live? We have a generator and I try to keep stocked up on food and supplies.
5. What type of natural disaster scares you the most? Tornadoes.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What natural disasters (earthquakes, tsunami, volcanoes, wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones, floods, landslides, etc) is your area prone to?

Usually not much but these past few years we've had quite a bit. I'm in the Philly area so Irene hit us with flooding/tropical storm force winds etc. We do get quite a few Nor'easters that wreck havoc, and the flooding has been a real problem in some of our low lying areas this year (not particularly for me but the area in general). We don't get much in the way of anything else, and if we do see the occasional tornado it is usually south or west of us, and not even an F1.

2. What natural disasters have you experienced firsthand? Tropical storms and blizzards. I saw a waterspout once over the ocean but it didn't do any damage.

3. Have you ever been evacuated due to a natural disaster? No.

4. Have you made/do you make any special preparations in case of natural disaster where you live?

Not really, the greatest threat we have is our power going out sometimes for hours to days.

5. What type of natural disaster scares you the most? Tornados.
November 4th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No clue, I live in the desert so probably drought

2. What natural disasters have you experienced firsthand? Ice storms, earthquake

3. Have you ever been evacuated due to a natural disaster? No

4. Have you made/do you make any special preparations in case of natural disaster where you live? Right after I got to Hawaii there was a tsunami warning but, it didn't actually hit

5. What type of natural disaster scares you the most? I think a tornado or tsunami would be amazingly scary!

Tags
friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search