Anyone not giving a bottle or nursing before bed?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Veteran
I think I might stop giving her a last bit of milk at the end of the night. Here is what is going on:

Around 6 I give her a sippy cup of pumped milk while we eat and then I give her a bath at 7 and then put her in her crib afterwards. Since she doesn't really want to nurse that much I would wait a half hour until she fell asleep and then go back and get her and nurse her for a few minutes (5 tops is all she would stay on for). I'm thinking that since she is getting a few ounces at 6 that maybe I don't need to go in at 7:45 and top her off. Anyone else not doing a last top off?
November 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do a bottle before bed, but that is his scheduled one. We don't really do a top off anymore, he won't take it. Usually he gets his solids meal between 5-6. Then he will take a 6oz bottle before bed between 7:30-8.

November 8th, 2011, 06:27 AM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
I was just thinking about this today. We eat around 6:15 and she gets her meal. Bath at 7, nurse at 7:30 and bed at 8. I was thinking it may be time to give her BM with her dinner and get her to finish it and cut out the nursing session. But that is the only time I nurse her anymore. so I don't know if I'm ready to give that up just yet.

[/url]
November 8th, 2011, 06:42 AM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
it varies for us.I've been trying to not do this so the transition is easier.If he does get a bottle, it's only about 2oz and if he nurses,its just to get him to sleep.
Last night all I needed was to rock him and he gell asleep.
I did give more food during the day and maybe that was why
November 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
I think her bedtime bottle will be our last one to drop for a couple of reasons. She wakes up at 6-6:30 hungry, so I think she would wake up earlier hungry. Plus it is also part of our bedtime routine,and its part of her scheduled bottles. We aren't putting any milk in the sippy cup until 1 year, only water. I've heard that by doing that, it makes the transition to no bottles around 1yr easier.

Maybe you could drop the top off and just see how she does, if she wakes up earlier hungry, then maybe she still needs it?
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search