Another Duggar

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow just heard on the news today there's going to be another Duggar baby. This is going to be the 20th. Wow.

I don't really know what to think. On one hand I think wow how could she do that. On another I say good for her - babies are always precious.

What do you guys think?

I guess for me it just comes down to their choice. I couldn't do it myself. But I commend them for what they have done. I don't have a big problem with it. All the kids seem healthy, well fed, loved and brought up in a good environment. There are many children around the world who are not as fortunate. And I'm sure with 19 older siblings the newest one will have plenty of attention (private time with parents may be at a premium though)
My concern is for Michelle and new babies health. I guess their last one was born Really early (3 months). With an emergency C-section.

Last edited by NiKA; November 8th, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
November 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm all for big families, but I don't see how you can care for and really get to know all your kids when you have so many! Not to say they aren't loved. But are they getting enough parental guidance? Having siblings, especially older ones, is great, but siblings are not parents.
The article I read said the mom naps every day. She has 19+ kids, and naps every day?? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?

And yeah, the health concerns...her daughter was very premature and had a lot of health issues, and the reason she was premature was because of her mom's severe pre-eclampsia! Why risk it??
November 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
I'm kinda surprised she's having another one after Josie was born at like 25 weeks or something along those lines. I Really didn't think she would have another one. I have no problem with them having so many (I would never, but to each their own!). They kids are all well behaved and seem to be really happy and being brought up well. If this were Ocotomom, I'd have a totally different opinion. But I'm def fascinated with the Duggers for some reason. I just hope that mom and baby are ok in the end and maybe the Dr will finally advise no more?
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

November 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to know how she finds time to nap. I have 19 fewer children and can't find 20 freaking minutes to put my feet up.

I wonder how you can possibly meet the emotional needs of 20 children. I understand that they can financially support the family but struggle to understand how you can nurture 20 children appropriately.
November 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
afauce
I agree that it is her decision, but I find it reckless considering she almost died with the last one and if she were to have issues again she would be leaving 19 children behind. Plus with having a baby so early and with so many issues...I just worry that it could happen again. Josie is doing okay now, but there were a lot of issues and there still could be more as she gets older.

I personally think that, as it appears on the show, that the older girls do a LOT of the work.

But...if they feel this is their calling, then congrats to them. At least they can financially support them and they are not born into a family not able to meet their needs.
November 9th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I met them a few months ago and they are the nicest people I have ever met. I'm thrilled for them! If anyone could handle another baby it's them. The children are so well behaved and their faith is amazing.

Here's a few pics for fun...

November 10th, 2011, 04:28 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How cool that you met them! I think that it is great that their kids are so well mannered and seem taken care of. Personally, that is something I don't think I would ever do. As a teacher, I have 19 kids in my classroom and I don't feel like I get to connect to all of them. I don't know how they connect to all their kids. I would be afraid that the older ones would never discover who they are because they would constantly be taking care of the younger kids.

I just hope that the health of the mom and the baby stay positive.

November 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Veteran
I am intrigued by there family. I think they have an awesome family dynamic. I am still waiting for there to be one wild child in the bunch and go against the grain and maybe do something crazy like go to college or even more crazy and join the military. Or better yet for one of the girls to wear pants. But anyways, I always thought I could handle and would want 3 kids and for me that would have been big enough. But when Em was born and had colic and still has reflux, we made the choice not to have anymore because we could not be guaranteed that we would have a boy ( I could not do 3 girls) and that it would not have colic or reflux. But I am amazed at how the Duggars do it. I have to say that I was hoping they would stop having kids when Mrs, Duggar and Josie almost died. I know the believe in having as many as god will allow. I am strong in my faith and do feel that children are a blessing from God. But, there comes a point when enough has to be enough. For me the risk would be to great.

November 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoParker View Post
How cool that you met them! I think that it is great that their kids are so well mannered and seem taken care of. Personally, that is something I don't think I would ever do. As a teacher, I have 19 kids in my classroom and I don't feel like I get to connect to all of them. I don't know how they connect to all their kids. I would be afraid that the older ones would never discover who they are because they would constantly be taking care of the younger kids.

I just hope that the health of the mom and the baby stay positive.

WELL spoken. I got 22 little kinders this year and I feel guilty on a daily basis that I don't get more one on one time with them...and they aren't even my own children.
I'm very fascinated and I LOOVVEE their morals and values but I HONESTLY think the older girls do take on a lot of the responsibility and are probably the reason mom gets to "nap" everyday.

I REALLY thought that they were done after Josie since they both almost died!

I love them and all, but in this case I really believe this is a very selfish choice and they aren't thinking logically...she's an older mom, she had MAJOR complications with the last one, etc..

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz
November 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
I think it's about their faith. To them, to make the decision themselves whether it is the responsible thing to do or not means telling God that they do not have enough faith to completely trust him. Or that they know more about what they can or cannot handle than God. They feel, just as Josie is a blessing and has a reason for being here according to God and their faith, another child born just like her would be too. They also believe that if it's Michelle's time to go, avoiding pregnancy certainly won't prevent her death if it's her time, kwim? I imagine (and have learned with my own faith in the things I trust God with) it is extremely liberating to know that they can let go of so many of the things most people stress completely out about by knowing God will provide and make the decision for them, so whatever happens is meant to be. It helps them to take the setbacks remarkably well.
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search