Sleeping on tummy?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Is anyone's little one sleeping on their tummy at night? When I put Keelan to bed now he immediately rolls over on his tummy. If we roll him back, he just rolls right back to his tummy again. It makes me nervous, but what am I gonna do? I can't stay up all night.

Anyone else?
November 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Super Mommy
Nope, Jacob is still swaddled on his back at night. For daytime naps I lay him on his tummy in his crib and keep an eye on him. He hasn't rolled from back to front yet, just front to back.
November 10th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes sometimes. He's been on his stomach or side since he was born. He hates to be on his back. It doesn't concern me at all. He has his head turned to breathe of course.
November 10th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy

We've been putting Alexis on her belly to sleep since a few weeks old. I don't worry about her, we did the same w/ my second daughter and even from birth I noticed she would pick her head up and turn it from side to side while sleeping. I just seems to be a natural position for babies to want to sleep in - and even adults, it seems like most adults sleep on thier sides or stomachs.

Expecting baby #4!

November 10th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alaina has been since a little over a month> she just wouldn't really sleep on her back. So we went and bought a baby sounds and movement monitor

November 10th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Will can't roll to his tummy yet, but if I put him on his tummy he loves it. He sleeps best when on his tummy. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point because he can control his head and turn it from side to side without effort. I don't let him sleep like that all night, but during the day if I'm awake I don't worry about it.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
November 10th, 2011, 06:43 AM
CrystalD's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to CrystalD
Emmalyn has been sleeping on her stomach from about 2 weeks old. She just would not sleep on her back, she would just startle herself awake. I'm not worried about it because that is how my sister and I slept when we were babies, and we turned out ok.
November 10th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brynlee sleeps best on her tummy as well. She has been rolling over to sleep on her side, but she wakes up more often so I just roll her over to her tummy and she conks out.

November 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alexis has always been a side sleeper.
November 10th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If she's in her crib, then she's on her tummy. Same at daycare too (had to get dr's note for tummy sleeping). If she's in bed w/ us or in her rocker, then it's either her back or side.
November 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xavier has been since a few weeks after we brought him home.

November 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miles is mostly a side sleeper - we both sleep on our sides facing one another in bed. But when he wakes for his early morning feed (5-6 AM) I've noticed that he's usually really wiggly with tons of gas, so I started rolling him onto his tummy after eating and not only does he sleep like a rock but he also lets out a LOT of gas which probably makes him feel better. I usually doze back off, too, but I keep my hand on him to feel his breathing and occasionally wake up to check on him. So far, so good .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

November 10th, 2011, 08:27 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it concerns you, maybe you could get a sleep positioner? Or swaddle him?

Although, I wouldn't worry about it.
November 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She seems to prefer her left side to sleep on, but occasionally her tummy (normally when she has gas), I have no issue putting her there.
November 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
When my mom was raising us, they were told always to put babies on their sides or stomachs. When she was here helping in the beginning, she always put Avery on her tummy and she was just fine.

I usually put her on her back, just because I can't get her down on her tummy without waking her! Just what I am used to I guess.

I wouldn't worry too much about him being on his tummy. But like another poster said, you could always get a sleep positioner as well if you are worried.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
November 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
colton h.a.t.e.s his belly but i wouldnt worry; i think if he can roll hell have enough head control to lift his head if needed

\
November 10th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex went through a phase where she would only seem to sleep well on her tummy, so I bought a angelcare monitor and as soon as I got that sucker she started sleeping better on her back. Her cradle is getting kinda small for her and she can't really roll over in it. She likes to roll side to side alot so I think when I move her to the crib it won't be long before she's sleeping on her tummy.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

November 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All my babies have been tummy sleepers. It started when dd1 refused to sleep on her back and would simply scream if I put down that way. I switched her to her tummy at 6 weeks, babies 2 and 3 have been tummy sleepers from day 1. Even in the hospital I put him on his tummy.

November 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been putting him on his tummy to sleep at night for a few weeks now. he was sleeping very well swaddled and on his back, but the back of his head is getting kind of flat, so I decided to put him on his tummy at night so he can get some extra time off the back of his head. I use the Angel Care monitor, which is what we did with my first Ds.

November 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Happy Mommy
she's a side sleeper

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search