Getting Worse

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2011, 09:15 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like instead of getting better our nights are getting worse. Last night he was up like 5 times but 2 of those he was inconsolable. He was just screaming. I tried to nurse him he wouldn't latch on. I tried loving him up and rocking him. He just kept pushing me away and throwing his head back. Finally I just let him crawl around and cry. After about 5 minutes he nursed and went back to sleep. I don't think he's having teeth problems. He just got his top 2 - they are all the way through. I don't have a clue what's going on. We plan to try CIO next Friday when DH's Thanksgiving vacation starts. I have a feeling it's going to go really bad.

November 11th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
Isaiah does the push away and throw his head back, catches me off guard. Could it have been a night terror? Is he maybe sick? Isaiah was also up several times last night, screaming in sheer pain. I'm thinking a possible ear infection. I hope tonight is better for you guys.
November 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Last night wasn't the first time he's done it. I would say it happens at least 1 night a week. How do I know if it's a night terror?

November 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Veteran
One of my older sons had night terrors in the past but not this young (he was five or so). When he had it, it was almost like he was still sleeping and didn't respond to us so there was no consoling him.

Do you have any music attachments in the crib? I find that Brit likes to listen to some music sometimes when she is going to sleep (that is in addition to the white noise (rain drop sounds) that we have in there as well. The music attachment is on the side of her crib (I actually have 2, one that used to be a mobile but the mobile part is off now that she is older but the sound part that plays classical music is still on and then one of those ocean aquariums is attached on there too. What are you doing for nap times...is he crying for his naps too?
November 11th, 2011, 06:37 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Parker went through this for a few weeks. Just this week he has slept through the night 2 nights in a row finally. He would wake up and I would have to feed him to console him. Lately I have just rocked him a bit and then put him down. He eventually goes back to sleep. It is so hard, but the doctor said that he doesn't need to eat in the middle of the night, so I am trying to stick to that.

November 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
He does fine during naps. Granted his naps are usually 20 minutes long. We are still cosleeping. Many have told me if I quit cosleeping the problem will go away. He's just so stubborn that when I put him in his crib at night he just cries. I seriously think he would cry for HOURS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search