It's not *really* the weight (ok, a little bit)....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
...just the changes my body is holding onto.

When I got pregnant with Kieran I was 176 (about 3lbs outside the healthy weight range for my height). I was fine there and fairly confident in my skin. When I delivered him I was 205. And since 3 weeks post-partum I have been hanging at 176-178. It is weird, my body dropped it off like a rock, but has completely stagnated. I am getting a little frustrated because I would like to lose about 10-15 more pounds and figure nursing is a perfect time to do it and that it would not be too hard (I lost 60lbs after Liam nursing and doing NOTHING else). And yet, for the past 5 weeks, I have been pretty much the exact same weight every time I step on the scale.

But really, my biggest issue at the moment is that even though my weight is about the same pre and post pregnancy, I have a little bump still going on in my belly. It is irritating the crud out of me. My clothes all make me look just a little heavy and coupled with the fact that I don't overeat, am nursing literally 12 hours out of the day, and am fairly active with my 2-year-old, I am not losing any more weight. GRRRRRRrrrrr. I really know I need to be gentler with myself. But I can't help but be annoyed!

Thanks, rant over. I really do try to not get all anal about my weight. I have been that crazy obsessed person before and I don't like myself when I am like that. But this has been on my mind lately. I will hopefully have better news to report soon!
November 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
ashjuan123's Avatar Super Mommy
It is ok to vent!! Just remember that Kieran is less than 2 months old and it took you nine months to put the weight on. Atleast give your self that much time to take it off. We will all be here for each other to help motivate each other!

November 14th, 2011, 07:53 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I know how you feel. I feel like I've reached a plateau in my weight loss, too. I don't know how the weather is by you but once we're able to get out and walk I think it will be easier (I just don't want to wait until spring lol!). Also, once the baby gets a little bigger and you're able to get into more of a routine working out will be easier to do. Hang in there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search