Drinking?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
So have those of you who've had their babies had any alcoholic beverages since? Are those who are still pregnant eager to?

If you are breastfeeding, do you plan to avoid alcohol, pump and dump, etc?

November 16th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Eh I'm not really eager too. Never been much of a drinker i guess. lol I'm gonna not drink until after Lily's weaned, though. When she is and I do, DH wants me to try a rum and coke just so he can see me drunk. lol

We've been married 3.5 years and I celebrated my 21st bday with him when he took me drinking. I've never got drunk from that, only a tiniest bit tipsy. I only like the stuff for the flavor, and the stuff I like happens also to be pretty weak alcoholic content wise. Strawberry Daquari (sp) is one of my favorites.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I may have a glass of wine here and there but I'm not that eager too. In a month or so if we get a night out and I can have a couple drinks I'll just pump and dump.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 16th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I don't drink either. I would like my mom's special Thanksgiving punch but I don't pump my breastmilk and I wouldn't risk it so no alchy for me for a long time!

November 16th, 2011, 06:56 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A glass of wine now and then sounds good but I never really drank when BFing my first. I couldn't stand the thought of pump and dump because I struggled so much to keep my milk supply up to waste it.

November 16th, 2011, 07:30 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I've had quite a bit of wine since having Rowan, but i'm also not bfing so I don't have to worry about pumping and dumping.

November 16th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
We are pumping here, so I could pump and dump, but I haven't had any alcohol and I probably won't until a Christmas Party I'm hosting. I'll have a couple glasses of wine and that's it. I don't really drink, maybe a few times a year.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
November 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
I will likely have some wine for Christmas and then pump and dump but it all depends on my supply. If it is too hard to get enough then I wont drink anything.

November 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Wow so I am gonna sound like the alcoholic here..... I can't wait to have a beer!!! I usually wait until baby will go about 5 hours at night on a consistent basis. But I have also pumped and dumped, didn't have supply issues with DD. OH and beer does um up your supply so the next morning I usually had enough to make up for the dump the night before......

November 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There's no need to pump and dump, the alcohol makes it way through your system, it doesn't just sit in your breastmilk. As long as you don't get tipsy (or more then tipsy) you are perfectly ok to breastfeed. If you do get tipsy, just wait til it wears off. Drinking Alcohol, Breastfeeding - Alcohol, Breastfeeding, and Pump and Dump

I'm not especially eager to drink, but I will enjoy a half glass of wine a few weeks after I have her
November 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had a small glass of wine but i waited until the babies were a month old. I have not had anything since then.

I do not pump and dump. From what i read there is no need and it is safe to BF as long as you are not feeling buzzed.
November 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I get tipsy from one drink and my child pretty much constantly nurses, so it's pretty necessary to pump and dump for me. Plus, I would never risk it. I'm very particular about alcohol and Baby, personally. Even though they say it's okay in moderation during pregnancy, I don't trust that in the slightest either. I'm a safe-than-sorry person when it comes to that lol

November 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Oh I can not wait! I have a little bottle of champagne in my suit case and so craving a mimosa! Also my best friend has some of those strips that test the amount of alcohol in your breastmilk to see if its safe to give your baby, so I plan on using those if I'm worried about it.
November 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
I get tipsy from one drink and my child pretty much constantly nurses, so it's pretty necessary to pump and dump for me. Plus, I would never risk it. I'm very particular about alcohol and Baby, personally. Even though they say it's okay in moderation during pregnancy, I don't trust that in the slightest either. I'm a safe-than-sorry person when it comes to that lol
Pumping and dumping isn't going to get rid of the alcohol in your system though, that's why it's unnecessary to even attempt it...if you are tipsy and pump and dump and are still tipsy, it's going to be in the milk that comes after that too, it just works it's way out of your system naturally over time, it doesn't get out of your system by pumping. But sounds like you don't have to worry about it anyways if you aren't drinking
November 17th, 2011, 05:49 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I'm not much of a drinker and since my kids exclusively nurse I don't have that first drink until they are sleeping through the night. I think the last time I drank was before my 2010 baby's pregnancy other than 1 beer ringing in the 2011 New Year.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

November 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I had half a beer the other night... I won't pump and dump unless I tie on a good one... It'll be a while before I'll drink that much... I'll probably have a glass of wine on thanksgiving and christmas though... not really in the mood to get drunk. But nothing wrong w/ relaxing

November 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am SOOOOO ready for a glass of wine!!! I plan to drink a glass with dinner the day I get home if I can.

Where can I buy these strips to test?
November 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
They are called Milkscreen tests, I know I have them at my local walgreens.
November 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
**Linda**
Azsnowflake is right. There is no need to pump and dump, once the alcohol is out of your blood stream the milk is fine. I have been craving some champagne, and will have a glass once my milk is in and she's feeding really well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search