Log In Sign Up

The word from the DR is in....(x-posted)

Forum: 2011 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,852
So I had my check-up today. Now I've been having all these contractions the past week or so and I was hoping they were doing something, but wasn't holding my breath. DH guessed that I was dilated to a 2. The Dr said that he was optimistic and that it PAID OFF (her words)...I'm at a 2 and 50% effaced!! I'm so freaking excited because I have NEVER effaced at all with my other two kids and have never gotten past a 1!! The nurse from the hospital that I had my pre-admit appointment with had told me that I probably wouldn't dialate very fast and that it would all of a sudden happen all at once because of me having the LEEP done and I asked my dr about it. She said that my cervix does not feel like I've had a LEEP and that if she didn't know I had one she'd never guess so she doesn't foresee that kind of problem. I also asked when the hospital is SUPPOSED to call her when I'm at the delivery phase because they didn't call her until I was crowning with my son and then expected me to stop pushing. She said they usually call at the time that she should already be there....so they always call her late...wonderful. She said that 3rd births usually go quickly and that they probably won't even let me push until she gets there. Baby is now lower than she was and she isn't measuring as big as my son was at this stage in the pregnancy. She gave me the option to induce, but I decided to give her a little longer to come on her own. If she doesn't come by the Saturday after Thanksgiving (1 day before her due date) then we'll induce. My doctor will be on call starting this Saturday for 10 days and I don't want to wait until after my due date and take a chance of the other doctor having to deliver me as I don't like her...also I'm off work next week and really don't want to have to go back to work.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0