Toys & games down the road

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Super Mommy
DH and I both have BIG families and everybody just adores baby Brady so I know we're going to get a lot of things for him for Christmas, which is great. People are asking for a list and I want to think long term and put good things on there that he can use for awhile, so I was wondering what toys, games, and other items would be good for 6 months, 9 months and up to a year? I thought the BTDT moms would have some good insight and then the new moms like me have probably seen things they want to get for their LOs too. Ideas/suggestions?
November 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some of my Favorites.....

A sit to stand activity walker of some kind
ANYTHING Leapfrog! (I love Scout and Violet for the younger ages and DD is 3 and still loves hers) We have EVERY Leapfrog told sold, LOL
A jumperoo, exersaucer, a walker (you only need one of them pick your fav I am a jumperoo fan myself)
Any type of a block sorter, I love the cookie jar one
BOOKS! Soft ones, crunchy ones, board ones and ones you can read to you LO, I already read to Kaitlyn

What I always do is make a wishlist... I used to make one at toys r us but now amazon has a universal list so you can add products from ANY store you want! I am going to start ours today!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

November 17th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Momma2BraylonandMadeline's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma2BraylonandMadeline
DS was 9 months last Christmas and received a lot of toys. Those he played with most and longest were:

Barn: Little People Animal Sounds Farm ? Fisher-Price Toys

Explore & Learn Helicopter: Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target

Playskool Explore and Grow Busy Ball Popper: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002B555QQ/...SIN=B002B555QQ

Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride: Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride - Colors May Vary

For his 1 year old birthday I asked for books, puzzels and clothes which he has spent so much time with as well and highly recommend. I love that he brings me books to read each night.

His favorite 6 month toy was the Playskool Busy Gears: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BCEJ86/...SIN=B000BCEJ86

He still has all these toys out now although I rotate toys so he doesn't get bored with any of them so some are currently in the toy chest. He also got a ride on tractor which he was a little young for last Christmas but he loves to ride on it now (maybe something like this for a first birthday). He also loves his push lawn mower that makes cutting noises. Blocks or wooden trains are always fun too.

Wow - hope that isn't too many suggestions. I am hoping the kiddos don't get too many toys this Christmas. Nobody has asked for a list so I'm a bit fearful of toys taking over our house. I am hoping for clothes for Madeline since we don't have many girl clothes after 3-6 months.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Thanks claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

November 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All good suggestions!! Definitely agree with the sit-to-stand toys. Xander loved his. And he loved/loves his Scout too. Learning toys like leapfrog stuff is good.
And books!! Books are good for any age.
So I think the girls pretty much covered it. lol

Oh..and one of Xander's favorite toys ever was/is this http://www.amazon.com/Vtech-Sit-Stan...1553656&sr=1-2
My mom got it for him for his 1st bday and he still plays with it and rides all over the house on it.

You could also ask for a highchair bc you'll be using that or one of these Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair - Tan: Baby once he starts eating solids.
I know that's not a toy..but useful. lol

Last edited by robinmichele87; November 17th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
November 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are a jumperoo AND exersaucer family here. Walkers are contraband in Canada (no joke, they are illegal) and I'm not a fan anyway. I found the jumperoo was more for "holy crow gonna exercise my butt off", and the exersaucer was more for "just gonna chill" time.

DD also really liked the PlaySkool Poppin Pals (the thing where you push the button and an animal pops up), and a sit'n'stand ride on thing. BLOCKS - like Megablocks, something big and brightly coloured will last you for years too.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

November 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Anything Little People. We have a ton of them and my 2-year-old loves them. Any chunky cars/trucks. The "Chuck" line by Tonka is adorable and Liam has been playing with them for over a year. And outside toys are always a hit too.

Since the jumperoo and exersaucer were mentioned already...I won't be redundant

Sounds like he is gonna get tons of good stuff.
November 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Balls, Teething toys, soft soled shoes, stacking cups, bath toys, board books

November 19th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks! Great suggestions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search