Thanksgiving!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are your Thanksgiving plans? Are you cooking? Have you shopped yet? Are you Traveling? with it be your first trip with the LO?

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

November 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Momma2BraylonandMadeline's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma2BraylonandMadeline
We are hosting so no traveling for us. YEAH! I am shopping today and probably finish up tomorrow.

We made our first overnight trip last weekend. It went pretty well but traveling with two kids is way more difficult than one.

Thanks claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

November 17th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stupid question, is it next week? I thought it was this week but maybe not.

OH I'm Canadian, I'm allowed to not know!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

November 17th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes it's a week from today.
I'm going over to my sister's. She normally has a big crowd on thanksgiving. I'm making sweet potato casserole in the crock pot, I hope it's as good as it looks!

November 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
We are going to my dads, hes about an hour away.

November 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
One week from today!

I am cooking, but just for Me DH and the girls! We live so far from family and we made the mistake of going home once, it took 17 hours for a 11 hour drive.... Thanksgiving traffic is NO JOKE!

I was going to shop today but I am in bed with a wicked stomach virus!

November 17th, 2011, 09:36 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We never go home for Thanksgiving because we go home for Christmas. The past couple years I've done the whole big meal myself..and since my brother lives here as well, had him and his fiance over.
This year, DH has duty on Thanksgiving so he'll be on the ship that day. I think I'm still going to cook, but just do everything on Friday instead. I still plan on inviting my brother, his fiance, and her kids..but they may not want to wait a day. So, we might do it two days in a row and just trade locations lol..I have no clue yet. Better figure it out.

I'll go shopping this weekend. The ship usually gives us a turkey and some other stuff so that's pretty cool. If so, hubby will probably bring that home on Monday.
November 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Veteran
Erica--hope you feel better!

For the past few years my parents have traveled to my place for Thanksgiving. We'd then have it at my house or my brother's house. I think for this year though we are going to go to my parent's house. DH's family lives in the same city as my parents. Since we have a baby now I am sure DH's family wants to see our LO on the holidays. My mother has done most of the cooking for the past few years and I have helped. I may cook a few things this year though. Hopefully they will turn out good. I'd hate to ruin Thanksgiving! lol

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!!

November 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will probably do a lunch with friends and then DH's family is getting together at MiMi's for dinner so we'll probably have 2 big meals that day and spend it at 2 different locations. This will be the first year that we'll spend Thanksgiving with all of DH's brothers and his grandparents wanted it at Mimi's. I'm glad that most likely we'll have a home-cooked meal earlier in the day as I always love the smell and the cooking and the fun of a big home-cooked Thanksgiving meal. I think just thinking about it I've already gained 5 pounds- lol!!

Erica - Sorry you're not feeling the best and hope you feel better soon!!
Baby #2 is on the way!!
November 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks Ladies! I am hoping it will be gone by tomorrow, DD had it on Monday and she was fine by Tuesday, it was her first time throwing up(she's 3) it was really scary for both of us! Mine hit me at 2am (fun fun) So hoping it will be outta here asap!

I just feel like such a bum, I literally have been in bed with the baby all day and DD is in charge of the house, LOL!

Check her out! LOL! At least 1 of us can sleep, LOL!

November 17th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're going to DH's family's this year. They live about an hour an a half away and it will be our longest trip with the baby. His whole family (parents, brothers, aunts, uncles,cousins) live in the same town and most of them haven't met Collin yet. I'll probably bring some pumpkin cupcakes for the kids and maybe an easy appetizer.

November 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I LOVE thanksgiving We always do a huge family get-together (at the 4th of July as well) at my Aunt's house. She is about 3 hours from us. Fifty of us sleep over for 4 days at Thanksgiving and a week over the 4th. She has a nice big house (thank goodness!) and it is so fun. All the aunts, uncles, and cousins (and their kids) will meet Kieran for the first time. All the women do the cooking, we all have our own signature dish. And the men clean up! We catch up, play touch-football, black friday shop, and play games. And we do our Christmas exchange on Thanksgiving night, since we all stay in our respective places on Christmas.

I took the boys to my mom's house for a week last week by myself and it is 3 hours away as well. The trip took us 4.5 hours each way...so I am hoping this drive will be a little shorter since I can sit back in the back with Kieran. Although he will still want to nurse several times, I am sure. But since it is for four days, I don't mind. I don't see any one-nighter trips in our future, for how long it takes to get somewhere!
November 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
We always have a million houses to visit. We have decided to just go to two houses on Thanksgiving and I have no idea what to make yet! Lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

November 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
We always have a million houses to visit. We have decided to just go to two houses -on Thanksgiving (my dad and step-mom's and DH's one set of grandparents) and I have no idea what to make yet! Lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

November 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are flying to California to visit all of my family. I cannot wait to see them again.

November 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Thanksgiving may be cancelled this year We usually host but since Isabelle is so little, my Dad was going to host and do the cooking and when I dislocaatd my knee a couple days before Halloween, I definitely could not host so it was good he was already planning it! (Between the pain from the injuries caused by the dislocation and the immobilizing brace I have to wear, I can only stand for very very short periods of time. Dumping some stuff in a crock pot or in a pan for the oven is the extent of my cooking ability right now). However, he is currently in the ICU and even if he can come home before Thanksgiving, there is no way he will be up and about and cooking by then. I don't even think he would be able to go to a restaurant by then as the doctors told my mom he will most likely be in bed or his recliner for quite a while once he comes home. I'm thinking DH and I will end up taking the kids to a restaurant for a Thanksgiving meal and maybe bringing my parents some takeout so they can at least enjoy their favorite goodies (my Dad is the cook in the family and so my Mom isn't really up to doing the big ole meal by herself )
November 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to my sister's house-she is just about a half hour from us. We always have a house full of people that don't have family close by or can't travel for the holiday so it's a great time

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search