Ugh, here we go again...(eating issues for LO)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Veteran
Britney is the hardest baby sometimes. She is down to nursing only once so I pump and mix at least 12 ounces of my milk into her cereal and solids throughout the day. The problem is she always has to be distracted to eat (I have toys to have in her hands so she will open her mouth). Well, today she has decided that she doesn't want to eat no matter what toy I offer her. I am so stressed because at least before I knew she was getting her milk in one way or another. It is just to weird to me that my baby is not hungry. I think her teeth are bothering her as she has been pulling on her ear (took her last week to make sure it wasn't an ear infection which it wasn't) and she has been sucking a lot on her arm. But teething aside, shouldn't she want to eat. No fever, she is in good spirits, I just don't get it!
November 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Taylor has gone through this twice in the past few weeks. The Dr said not to worry, but she was taking her bottle. Will she take a bottle? Taylor just wasn't that into any foods. I did try more finger foods with her and that helped some too. Maybe she's trying to tell you she wants to feed herself more? Also, I give Taylor her own spoon at dinner. She will put it in her mouth or throw it or just play with it, but it keeps her busy so I can get some real food in her mouth.

For T it was teething, she was getting like 4 or 5 teeth in at once. It lasted maybe a week-2 and then she went back to normal. I hope she starts eating soon, I know how stressful it is when they aren't eating!!
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

November 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Veteran
She won't take a bottle. Tonight I was dreading the 5:30 feeding but she actually ate pretty good. I didn't even mess with the veggies, I gave her fruit instead figuring it would be more I am just hoping that tomorrow she will eat again.
November 17th, 2011, 07:30 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Good! Something is better than nothing!!
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

November 17th, 2011, 09:22 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi so I mostly lurk on this board but wanted to post as I can so relate to what you are going through. My little Raegen can be a tricky eater too. She has gone through times of not eating for me off the spoon & 2 nursing strikes that she thankfully got over quickly. She too would need me to offer her distractions just too get her to open her mouth. When that stopped working I would offer her more finger foods & sneak bites in between her trying to feed herself. Now that she is old enough & knows how to feed herself much better I have stopped trying to feed her off the spoon except for at breakfast with her baby cereal. Meal times are so much easier for both of us and she is so happy feeding herself. She still won't eat everything I put in front of her but she's trying. So my advice is to definitly try to offer her finger foods and even though it may be slow going at first chances are it will get better & you guys will end up eating stress free! Also as far as the nursing goes when she was striking on me I tried walking around with her and singing to her, it worked like a charm. I still do it at every nursing and she nurses 5 times a day. It is way easier for me then trying to keep her still & distract her with toys while sitting down. She is my second baby & I have definitly learned some babies are way more easily distracted as others. My first born latched on whenever & wherever & would eat any way or anything I put in front of her. Hang in there mama this phase will pass!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search