T&Ps Needed *Update in Post #12*

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you aren't on my Facebook, you don't know the hell I've been put through for the past 8 days.

I won't go into too much detail but I'm asking for some thoughts and prayers.

My induction did not go as planned. William just wouldn't come out on his own. I couldn't even make it to 8cm after 48 hours. In the end I needed a c-section because I was far too tired to push should I make it that far and because it'd been 24 hours since my water was broken.

At the 23 hour mark after my water was broken, my temperature was taken and I had developed a fever. By hour 24 hours exactly, William was born and as soon as they had him cleaned up was rushed off to the nursery to be administered antibiotics. I was started on them either in recovery or once in my room. I was so incredibly tired by then I don't remember much.

On Tuesday I was told William's CRPs were high and he'd have to stay in the hospital from 7-10 days for more antibiotics. He'd gotten sepsis from my placenta becoming infected since my water had been broken for so long and he'd not been born.

Saturday is the 7th day but the bloodwork today showed the levels were over 1 (they were over 4 on Tuesday) and the safe level is below 1, the safest below zero where it won't even register. So he's figuring we'll need to stay here until Tuesday. I managed to ask him to do another test tomorrow just so I could see how much change there was. It was also so maybe, just maybe, there'd be a miracle and the levels would have dropped to the mark where they don't register.

So I'm asking for some T&Ps so that me and my little man may go home tomorrow. It would be greatly appreciated. William could finally get the IV taken off (though the wonderful nurse last night fixed it) and be done with everything.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

Last edited by Alaska-Su; November 19th, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
November 18th, 2011, 07:21 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww.. definitely praying for you guys.. poor lil dude..

November 18th, 2011, 07:29 PM
11gatorgal11's Avatar Super Mommy
definitely will be thinking about you two and hope to hear good news tomorrow
November 18th, 2011, 07:40 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you both! I hope for positive results on tomorrows test.

November 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you and your sweet little man. I hope you both make a full and speedy recovery!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
**Linda**
I'm so sorry for all your stress. Will be sending lots of thoughts and prayers to the north!

November 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Praying for you guys to get good news and go home!!

November 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Oh no! I hope he gets better soon and you guys get to go home!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
November 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any update?

November 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying he gets better and gets to come home soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
November 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Prayers for your little man! I know how hard it is not knowing when your LO will get to come home! Hugs to you momma!

November 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone!

So the levels aren't quite in the safe zone but they've gone down a bit. Yesterday they were 1.4 and today they're 1.07. Safe zone being below 1 and extra safe being below 0 where it won't register.

If the doctor is super nice she may say that he can go home Monday if they do a test and the levels are below 0. If there's no test or the levels aren't quite there or the doctor wants to be extra safe, he'll go home Tuesday evening I believe. Wednesday morning at the latest. We'll see.

But last night was amazing! William actually slept for hours after each feeding. He's done that again today. No more being up every 30 minutes being fussy and wanting to nurse. It's so nice. I'm finally catching up on some sleep. I feel like I could sleep for years.

I think his fussiness is from the sepsis. My mom had it last November and I remember how awful she looked and felt so I can imagine how my little man must be feeling. His less fussy mood must be because the infection is going away.

Thanks again everyone!

November 19th, 2011, 06:55 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I was just lurking, but I wanted to say sorry for the awful experience, and send my t&ps for your little guy

<3

<3
November 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I didn't see this thread till now, but I'm hoping for an even speedier recovery, and I'm glad that things are looking up for your precious baby boy!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to see things are getting better! It must be so hard for you seeing him go through that praying you get to go home Monday!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 20th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Blah, no Monday discharge. I don't think they're even going to do blood work that day.

Nurse told me that they're going to give him the full dose of antibiotics on Tuesday, which means most likely not leaving until Wednesday morning since the last bit is given at 10 and take about an hour and a half.

Oh well, at least he'll definitely be good and healthy then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search