Being a working mom is so hard but I made it through my first week!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2011, 08:32 PM
CND 424's Avatar First Time Mommy
So I made it through my first week back at work and it was the hardest week ever! I give so much credit to all of you working moms. The first day back I pretty much cried on and off all day, it was bad. Arianna woke up at 7 and saw me and gave me a big smile. I picked her up and she was so warm and cuddly and it just broke my heart to leave her after being with her for 3 months. I know she doesn't really know but was still hard for me feeling like I was disappointing her. It was hard too because she still wasn't taking the bottle. Well luckily she is now taking the bottle but the first one of the day after I leave she fights pretty bad. From noon on she is good because she gets tired and hungry. Tommy Tippee ended up being the the winning bottle for us. The nipple is really soft and she just latches on really well. When I get home though she is ready to nurse and goes for like an hour. Then she falls asleep on the boppy pillow on me and I miss her so much that we sit there for hours like that. So sad that I'm not getting to see her awake much but I look forward to the weekends. Hopefully she will get used to sleeping more for naps during the day so she doesn't sleep so much in the evening. My mom is watching her at my house until 2:30 when DH gets home and then he takes over until 5:30 when I get home. DH is getting so good with her and it's nice that he has that bonding time with her. She loves my mom and is so happy to see her in the morning so that makes it easier to leave her with my mom.

Work sucks though and they are really piling on the work for me and acting like I should stay late or work on the weekends but I refuse. Since I've had Arianna, I have more important things in life. I'll do my 40 hours and that's enough!!! I'm pumping at work too and they thought I would only pump once but I was doing it twice a day so they didn't seem too happy about that. I may just start doing it 3 times a day and see how they like that! hahaha! I just don't want my supply drying up yet since I wanted to BF for 6 months at least. OK, sorry I have rambled on here! I'm kind of hoping I win the lottery and I can just stay home with the baby since Im not so sure about this working mom thing. I'm going to give it some more time and see if it gets better. Thanks for listening!

Cindi (40) married to Dan (40) since 04/99
TTC 04/99-04/02; 4/00-04/02 did (2) IUI's & (4) IVF's; NTNP ever since!
BFP on 12/20/10 and our little miracle was born 8/19/11!!!

November 19th, 2011, 06:36 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you survived it! I hope it gets easier and easier for both of you.

November 19th, 2011, 07:07 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who cares about the pumping at work thing. Let them be mad! It's not like they can deny you that time.

Thats good you DH gets some quality time with her as well. I bet he likes that.

November 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Happy Mommy
aww I'm glad you made it.

I bet you'll find she won't nap more, because she misses you and wants to snuggle with you
November 19th, 2011, 11:13 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
so glad to hear she took a bottle! My friend has some tomee tippie bottles I was going to borrow and try. Here is hoping!

I'm sorry that you had to go back to work, but soon enough you will be in a good routine :-)

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search