Cord fall off after 8days?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hoping for baby #2
Christian's cord just fell off. I thought it wasn't suppose to happen for at least another week. I noticed some blood inside but he is not bleeding. Is it safe to clean now or should i wait a few more days? I wasn't putting anything on it like alcohol. I just left it alone so im nervous it fell off already lol

December 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
i don't even remember my daughters falling off... lol =/

December 10th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Veteran
Caring for your newborn's umbilical cord stump | BabyCenter

Sounds like everything is normal I didn't remember when my DD's fell off, but I know I didn't use alcohol either.
December 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they now recommend just leaving it alone. I think it's ok it fell off now. I wish Emily's would come off so I could give her a real bath!

December 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hoping for baby #2
It still looks funny. Yesterday once it fell off there was a hole basically where the stump was and today there is skin in it. Idk if its closing now or what. Ill probably have my mom look at it.

December 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Duncan lost his at 5 days and we saw the pedi at 6days and he said it looked fine. There is a bit of blood on his onesie every once and a while, but that is it. We did not put anything on it either.

December 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Julka
The nurses at my hospital said it's perfectly fine to give them a bath BEFORE it falls off. I mean, he got a full bath AT the hospital as do all the babies there. And he already got 2 full baths at home since we got here, and he's 5 days old. The cord stump is still on. I would just leave it alone. Sebastian has his second doctor's appointment on Monday (he'll be a week old), and at the last appointment, his pediatrician said he'll take the stump off, considering it doesn't fall off before then.
December 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's probably ok. Some fall off earlier. I would just keep an eye on it.
December 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ravyn's fell off at 8 days too. I just let it alone and didn't do anything to it. I waited until everything looked closed up before giving her a real bath though as my pediatrician said that if you do it too soon it will stink and could cause an infection. Like she said, "babies don't do anythign to get dirty".

Thank you *Julka* for my beautiful siggy
December 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Myah's was off at 4 days then a scab for two which came off at a week old in the bath.

December 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
They put blue stuff on nicos cord. I remember when julians fell off we wiped his belly button with alcohol bc it wasnt fully healed.
December 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hadley's fell off after a week. I don't remember exactly when Emma's fell off, but I think it was just a little over a week. From what I've read, sounds like anywhere from 7 to 21 days is normal for it to fall off.

December 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lydia is 9 days old and her cord is still in tact. It's crazy how opinions vary on among docs etc. I was told sponge bath only until cord was gone and to wipe down woth alcohol once a day, LOL!
December 11th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dd's came off after a week and everything was fine. It's no problem (but by all means have your mom look at it, it'll probably make you feel better!)

December 11th, 2011, 12:31 PM
MammaHutch
Drake is 6 days old now and he still has his. I was told that I could be alcohol on it or I could leave it alone. I put alcohol on it like every other day so just a few times.

But I know that they just fall off when ready. It can happen sooner then later so I would not worry too much.
December 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Michilee1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Josephine's fell off after 6 days. I am just leaving it alone.

December 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Deanna's fell off super early too, We called the dr after hours cause I was freaking out, it looked as if it had yellow coming out of the belly button as well as blood. As long as it isn't stinky and baby doesn't seem to be bothered it is fine. the dr advised us to clean out some of the gunk with alcohol and a qtip. Deannas bleed for a few days but has since cleared up
December 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
jojow
Levi's fell off at 7 days. My last baby's fell off at 5 days. It oozed a bit for a week or so but is totally healed now.
December 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
harry is 4 days old and his fell off today. The midwife was actually here when it happened! Its a little gunky, but midwife said to leave it alone for another few days and then just wash it as normal in the bath.

December 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM
caitlinmcc's Avatar 1st time mommy
Ellie's fell off today at 5 days and I freaked out a little. It was oozing a little and I was nervous it wasn't ready and something was wrong. I should've checked on here earlier!

check out my blog fourthstpayphone.blogspot.com and
pintsizestyle.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search