Still Pg Mamas Monday check in!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Any new symptoms? Doing anything to try to spur on labor???? Emotionally?????

I know I have been on a major emotional roller coaster for the past few days. I was having tons of ctx Friday and started thinking yes, then they petered out and just have had on and off all weekend and today. I was so uncomfortable ALL weekend and sooooooo emotional. We walked and walked and walked and shopped and tried to stay out and about and still each morning I would get so upset that it still wasn't time! Today i woke up feeling much better physically and emotionally but am drinking fresh cut pineapple and papaya smoothie to try to spur things on.

So far i have been doing Evening Primrose Oil 3/ day orally and some nights internally, Red Raspberry leaf tea 3x per day for over a week, DTD almost daily and a couple time 2x, Walking, Reflexology on Friday, a little nip stimulation (i can't take it), and now the fresh pineapple.

And still nothing!!!! I at least have an end date which is what I call 6 days and a wake up, lol, its Monday at 8:15 am.
December 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Veteran
I haven't done anything to try to get labor started other than walking a lot. Every time we go to the mall or a store to walk all day, I start in with contractions, but then right when I relax when we get home the contractions wean off. I've been so sick this whole pregnancy that I'm kind of enjoying the past few weeks! I have been hungry and finally eating and keeping most of it down. I've only thrown up twice this last week. I even gained a pound at last week's appointment, so that puts me at the same weight I started off with at my first appt. My midwife tried to strip my membranes last Friday, but since my uterus was slightly tilted she only got a small amount done. I bled that day and the next 3 days I have been leaking GLOBS of a whitish clear discharge. I mean GLOBS! I'm hoping that is a new symptom that means labor is soon

I haven't been emotional at all since I'm feeling so good and have tons of energy. I just keep waking up 10 times a night and sneaking into the baby's room and touching all the blankets rearranging stuff I can't wait!!!

Oh I guess I never updated about how I went in last Tuesday night in labor. I didn't dilate past 3 in the 2 hours, so they sent me home. Of course right when I got home the contractions went from every 2 minutes to 10 minutes. I was 80% effaced and the head was at station -1. All that was still the same on Friday during my appt and my contractions just come and go since then. Hopefully it'll be any day now!
December 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still pregnant, but you know that! Haha! I ate almost an entire pineapple today as well as a super spicy general taos chicken lunch. So far...nothing. Unless little man comes sooner, I'm being induced Thursday at 5:30am. :-)

Thank you, Mrs.Black2006 for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12
December 12th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still pregnant too! My due date is wed but I'm being induced Thursday morning. I've been on the same emotional roller coaster. I can't believe the time is finally here and I'll be meeting my little man on Thursday. Even though it's not my 1st time down this road I'm still emotional all over the place. I've got a long list to get done before Wednesday night plus it's pretty much just me and the kids the next couple of days. Dh is working super long days to take Thursday and Friday off.

December 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Still pregnant here.. We have been trying to dtd as much as possible but my hips hurt so bad... i've been eating fresh pineapple and spicy foods, walking and nothing here.. i thought i had contractions on saturday but it was only on one side and then it tapered off and nothing since then!! Still patiently waiting!

December 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still pregnant here, thought for she something was going to happen today. i guess it still could, been haveing contraction 4mins apart, but the stop and come back. I'm not going to do anything to bring labor on, no matter how much i hurt and want to be comfortable cause it didn't work with cheyenne so i don't this it will this time.

December 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
LOL, Julie, I ate almost an entire pineapple today too and had to take zantac and tums to kill the acid coming on. I am also making chili with extra cumin and spice! Darnit if all this doesn't work nothing is going to, lol!
December 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I love my family!!!
Still pregnant here too. Had an appointment today and got told I was only half a centimeter more dilated for a grand total of 1.5 cm. Ugh!! He gave me the green light to, in his words, "WALK, WALK, WALK!!!" He also said to up my caffeine intake and also "spend some time with my husband". LOL We'll see what happens. I've had contractions all day long, but they seem a little stronger and more focused (?) since he checked me. He said we'd see what the next 3 days brought and that he was glad he was on call this weekend.

My mom comes in town on Friday night, so naturally she'd like for me to wait. I am up in the air about it all. I want him healthy and not jaundiced like my son was (born at 37 weeks), but I'm also SUPER anxious for him to arrive.

Maybe I'll get some pineapple and some spicy foods too...
December 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still pregnant! Had my hopes up yesterday with consistent contractions but they petered off and I've only had a few today. Last night we got groceries (wanted to do some walking, needed food, seemed like a good comprimise lol)
I had spicy chicken for dinner and we DTD but nothing
Today I felt like absolute garbage and took a nap when my dd did. I have been wiping away a ton of mucous today when i've gone to the bathroom so I'm just trying to take everything as a positive sign and be patient

December 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Veteran
Still pregnant here. I just knew something was going to happen over the weekend but it didn't. I've been having cramping on and off for the last 2 weeks and I'm about 2-3 cm dialated but still nothing. I've been waiting for my water to break or something.

I haven't been doing anything to specifically bring on labor, because I really don't know what to do specifically.

At most I go in on Monday or tuesday for induction so at least I have an end date.

In the mood for some romance? Hot, sexy romance, check out my debut novel Claimed By Desire available from amazon, barnes and nobel and the itunes ibookstore.
December 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
Still pregnant and due on wednesday! I feel great considering. The last couple days I have had some painless contractions and pressure - the first I've felt this whole pregnancy so i hope this means progress!
December 12th, 2011, 06:10 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still plenty preggo here too. On saturday evening I "dropped" which is kinda disappointing since most women don't drop before labor in subsequent pregnancies! Since then I have been having BHs off and on. I feel like whale though b/c baby is so low- can't seem to do anything and am just really really worn out carrying this baby! We've been DTD a lot and I've had spicy foods. I need to walk more, but it's hard when it's been so cold out!
December 12th, 2011, 06:58 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Still preggers. Gonna violate my bedrest and walk alittle after my eye appointment.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
December 12th, 2011, 07:53 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
If you read my thread about BH's, you'll know how I've been feeling
Last night I had the most painful contractions I've had yet, but I know they are to get stronger!
I'm feeling pretty good considering. Just a little worn out from lack of sleep, and sore from walking trying to get things going!
We've been DTD every 2nd day (we could do it more but I often get tired by the time SO comes to bed ) and I feel like that is helping me along too!

Awww it seems like a lot of us are having labour pains but no progress
Fingers crossed we all start moving along soon!
Although by the sounds of things there are a lot of inductions and scheduled c-sects coming this week too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim View Post
I just keep waking up 10 times a night and sneaking into the baby's room and touching all the blankets rearranging stuff I can't wait!!!
Awww that's adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
Still pregnant! Had my hopes up yesterday with consistent contractions but they petered off and I've only had a few today.
I know how you feel! I've been having new pains and they aren't your average BH's...

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

December 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still pregnant, no surprise though, since I'm due Jan 1st. I have had increased BHs that sometimes get very, very uncomfy (and I have to walk very slowly through them if I'm standing.) Sometimes they even give me hot flashes. I also had diarrhea this morning so I thought maybe something was happening, but I think I just ate too much fiber. Better than what was happening the past few days, bleh.

I haven't been doing anything to kick start labor because I'm just now 37 weeks, but I plan to keep walking my dogs in hopes that I'll continue to dilate. I was at 1cm last Friday. I think baby's staying put until I stop shaving my legs. I'm sure the one day I decide it's not worth it, he'll decide it's time to come. He's also probably waiting for DH to install the car seat... (we're so slacking with this!)

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

December 12th, 2011, 10:12 PM
avocado.eggrolls's Avatar Proud mama, expecting #2
still pregnant over here as well. today was still only 1 cm dialated despite tons of painful albeit irregular contractions. good news is baby got a score of 10 out of 10 at the nst and bpp today. i guess she's comfy. i'm feeling great just so ready to hold her and see her face and hear that beautiful cry!

December 13th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone, I haven't been around really. I've been hanging out on Pregnancy and Motherhood after loss but I'm due on the 27th and I'm also still pregnant.

I had a ton of "light" (hahaha... OUCH) contractions Sunday morning and they were very regular so I went to the hospital and found out that I was just in early labor.

Sunday night and into the morning on Monday, I had more and more painful contractions but I could talk through them. I lost most of my mucus plug overnight, I think. I lost some again last night. But my contractions never got consistent enough.

I've had a rough pregnancy with high blood pressure, NSTs failing in my doctor's office and having to go to the hospital or stay longer in the doctor's office, my blood pressure freaking out... ugh. My doctor set up an induction for next Tuesday, the 20th. I was hoping these things would make them induce me sooner but I end up passing all of my tests.

So here I am! Still having occasional contractions but they are so random and short.

As for trying to get things started:

Sunday night, my husband and I DTD which makes me wonder if that's what got the mucus plug out. I have increased walking by going to the mall and other shopping. I've been on bed rest but I'm ignoring those restrictions now .

I'm not doing much of anything else yet. I have such heart burn that I don't want to eat Mexican and I can't stand spicy food. But I might do Mexican some time this week.

We're all so close!
December 13th, 2011, 06:21 AM
divinemom30's Avatar Super Mommy
I've started having mild cramps, and frequent BM's. Not really doing anything at the moment to bring it on. I am trying to wait til my last day of work which is Friday. After that, we will be bd'ing and walking it up!

December 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
I'm having some cramps -- and only occasionally are any contractions painful (and they are irregular).

I'm not doing anything to jump-start labor....other than walking and DTD, but I've been doing that through the entire pregnancy, so it's nothing new.

I feel really well, though, so I'm okay with keeping baby in there for now. If I get to 40 weeks (one week from today) my OB will do an U/S to check baby's size and we'll go from there.
December 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mommy2E&E's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still here. I've been having lots of contractions, some quite painful, and a lot of pressure at time. I haven't done anything to help things along except for walking.
I'm not sure if I'm dialting or not, I'm hoping they check me at my appointment on Thursday just to know if anything is happening.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search