Wednesday Wake ups

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had planned on posting this today, then saw Amy's post, so it's probably good timing. Who has an LO still waking up? If not, what tricks do you have for keeping them down at night?

Sam mostly sleeps through the night. He occasionally wakes around 5 hungry. A warm bottle and he goes right back to sleep. Our tricks are to put several pacifiers in his crib and a bottle of water. We watch him on the video monitor and we see him finding pacifiers and taking sips of water and going back to sleep. Also when he cries early on around 11pm, he usually just does for a few minutes and puts himself back to sleep. These things have helped us!

December 14th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michael normally sleeps through the night too. Last night he woke up SCREAMING - I know his teeth are working their way in - I see one. We just rock him when he wakes up - and normally he is back to sleep in 10 min or so. Once in a while he will fight ya - but not often at all.

No tricks or tips really... he's been a pretty good sleeper for the most part.

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
December 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Guess where we still are - waking up on average 5 times a night. He wants to nurse so I let him. Recently he has had a few nights of only waking up twice. Hoping to see more of those in our future.

December 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM
afauce
Ethan NORMALLY sleeps from 830 till 630. These last few nights are killer!!!! When he was sleeping through the night he gets a bath, a bottle with daddy and he falls asleep and then into the crib and he stays until morning. He wont take a pacifier so that kind of stinks....
December 14th, 2011, 11:08 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natalie has always been a good sleeper so we are so blessed at our house. If she wakes up during the night, she is almost always sick or working on a tooth.

She has one of those kick & play pianos and some stuffed animals in her bed now. During the week, I usually wake her up to eat and when we need to leave. I let her sleep on the weekends and we can hear her playing over the monitor. She talks to the animals and makes crazy noises. Cracks me up every time.
December 14th, 2011, 03:17 PM
afauce
Ethan is fighting his naps today too! He has only slept 45 minutes and is not wanting to sleep. I just put him in his crib to nap and he cried for like 2 minutes and now is playing, but I am gonna see if he konks out
December 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
kolton is up about 2 times a night now.
He was waking literally ever other hour (as in 4+times a night at least)

now he's sleeping from 730-730 and sometimes (read almost ALWAYS) wakes up when we put DS1 to bed @ 830/9. But he's not hungry just interested. He'll wake up around 12/1 for food/snuggle and about 6 hungry then up for good around 730.

I found that turning down the moniter to the lowest setting helped. I was hearing him and assuming him awake and fussing. Now I've found he just makes noise in his sleep. so I wait till he makes more noise and is awake versus restless.
December 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM
bcmommy0409's Avatar Super Mommy
Hudson "was" an amazing sleeper. However probably the last month or so, he has been waking 2-3 times a night SCREAMING! Not really sure what is going on. I would say teeth, but I have been saying that for six months and still nada haha!
Hudson Joseph 12-28-2010
December 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Veteran
We have come a long way baby!!! Brit has been sleeping from 7:30 until 6, nurses and then goes back to sleep until about 7:15 most nights. She does wake up here and there and I just go in and find her paci for her and then she goes back to sleep. She doesn't have bumpers on her crib so her paci's fall out a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search