Opening Presents

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natalie opened her first gift today. It was in a gift bag and she did a great job pulling out the first sheet of tissue paper. Then she got distracted by the handle. Then she poked around inside the bag a bit. Then she got distracted by the tissue paper. Then she crawled after the cat. My aunt got her a couple of new outfits which she loved once they were out of the bag but she really had no interest in getting them out herself. Maybe a toy would have been more interesting.

How are your LOs doing opening presents? Anyone digging in and ripping like crazy?
December 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last year Tyler didnt do so well opening the packages he just walked around with them lol. Im thinking Alyssa will tear it up haha. she is wild

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
December 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No gifts yet.. But I think he is going to LOVE the wrapping paper and bags and tissue paper that he can eat... Paper is a staple part of Zekes diet!

~Em

December 17th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
No gifts yet.. But I think he is going to LOVE the wrapping paper and bags and tissue paper that he can eat... Paper is a staple part of Zekes diet!

~Em
You made me LOL.

December 19th, 2011, 03:39 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Parker opened his first gifts this weekend. I tore part of the paper and then he would rip it off. The next step involved putting it in his mouth. I sat there and would take the strip he pulled off and give him a new strip to start. He kind of lost interest after a bit, but he did a great job!

December 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
afauce
Ethan did not have any interest in opening his own gifts at his party, he wanted to play with the cozy coupes he got, but does enjoy trying to get into the presents under the tree.
December 20th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
Isaiah hasn't had any he was supposed to open, but we have the presents under the tree and while I walked out of the room, he was a little distracted by his gifts and decided to get a head start. I had to re-wrap that one. I think he will have no problem come Christmas, he seemed quite proud of himself.
December 20th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well - we opened the first ones together. There were 3 (at our x-mas gathering) - and the first one he opened, he loved. He really didn't open it himself - we tried, but didn't want to hold up the show... when we went to move to the next gift - he wanted nothing to do with it. He wanted the first present he opened!

Then - my girlfriend got him a present. He started opening it on his own, and we just kept prompting him until he opened it. I think he may do ok come christmas day - we will be taking our time with him then

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search