birthday cake!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
miamor
ok, so i was reading about how chocolate shouldn't be introduced til age 2 and all that...so what flavor of birthday cake will you be making for little one if you're doing a cake?
i have no idea about this stuff since this is my first..
for moms who other children, did those babies eat cake on their first birthdays? what kind?
did you use icing too?
January 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard no chocolate until 2. In fact DS1's smash cake was chocolate. My friend and former culinary arts teacher owed me a favor, so he had his students make smash cakes for DS1 and his cousin. It was chocolate sponge, vanilla buttercream and fondant.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do for E's birthday cake but I need to figure it out soon. Less than a month until his party!

January 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to make a rainbow cake, but I don't bake much and I don't know how complicated it is. We'll see.

January 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
miamor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Caroline~ View Post
I want to make a rainbow cake, but I don't bake much and I don't know how complicated it is. We'll see.

like a cake in the shape of a rainbow or a cake with colored layers when you cut into it like a rainbow?

http://www.marthastewart.com/sites/f...bow_cake_l.jpg

or both! shaped like a rainbow and rainbow on the side?
January 6th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think Rebecca is going to eat any of it, unless her eating habits drastically change in the next couple of months. We'll probably just go with vanilla cake, or maybe strawberry.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
January 7th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure what kind of cake I'll be doing for Lizzy. I took some cake decorating classes at Michael's so I have all the tools to decorate really nice cakes now, and the know-how. Need to think about what I want to do for her, something spring like with flowers. I may do a lions/lambs theme, we'll see. After December I feel pretty done with baking so I'm not thinking too much about it just yet.
January 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am probably going to do lemon cake. I caught my daycare ladies feeding Abigail pieces of lemon donut and she loooved it, so I figure that would be nice. I saw a picture once of a bunch of cupcakes shaped and decorated like the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I think it looked cute.

Something like this:

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

January 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Adelyns_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brody's smash cake will be vanilla, and his cake will be 1/2 chocolate 1/2 vanilla and then the cupcakes will be confetti!
January 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's what I haven't figured out. We are doing Panda theme but I don't want black icing. I will probably stick with a white cake, but we will see. I may get some opinions before I decide. EV will do a smash cake, but def no black icing for her!

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

January 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A Quackin' Snack Cake

This is the cake I'm thinking about making with marble pound cake underneath.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search