Some cheese with that whine?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First... So sorry to be MIA! I have been extremely busy with work and I just have had no time to post!

Sam is doing great, but...omg... this whining phase. He starts in the morning after DH gets up. He is fine with me until DH comes out, then he is very excited to see him and be held by him. But the second my DH goes to the bathroom or office or whatever, Sam has a meltdown. He follows him and beats on the bathroom door and lays there in a pile of tears. Through the day, he is pretty good for the most part, but early evening, it starts again. While I'm cooking dinner, he starts begging to be held or wrapping himself around my leg. Then at dinner he will be fine for part of it, then start a barrage of emotions, laughing, crying, screaming, laughing, crying screaming... He doesn't really do this in front of other people, at least so far.

I try to ignore whining and not pick him up every time he begs as not to reinforce it, but he does not give up easily. How do we handle this? My DH is especially having a tough time dealing with this phase? What do we dooooooo?

January 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This one is a tough one for me. It's hard for me to know the difference between crying because I'm whining and crying because I don't feel good. DH would prefer he CIO on most everything but I told him until we get this rash stuff sorted out I was going to give in to just about every cry. Granted there are times when I know for sure he's crying because things didn't go his way. Like when someone goes outside without him - major meltdown at the door. In those times I either ignore or try to divert his attention to something else.

January 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your new siggy is so cute! I need to make a new one. Thanks for your response!

January 19th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks Jaime! I love my new siggy!!!

January 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran
Hi KD! I messaged you my info for the Facebook Group. I haven't seen it. Did you get it? As for whining Jaimie no suggestions here. I've got more of an attitude going over here then whining. Not cute at all!
January 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Veteran
We have the whinning here too. Because Dh has been going out to sea a lot and will soon be gone for 4 months, Emmalyn has grown into a big mama's girl and my dh gets so upset by it. So she will cry and scream for me. And she has learned to make this sound when whe wants something that sounds like a dying cat. I ignore it it get louders. I have to redirect her most of the time because she wants something like the legos. I hope/think it is a phase that they will soon move past.

January 19th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian79 View Post
Hi KD! I messaged you my info for the Facebook Group. I haven't seen it. Did you get it? As for whining Jaimie no suggestions here. I've got more of an attitude going over here then whining. Not cute at all!
I sent you a PM back Jillian, maybe you didn't get it though. I resent it.

January 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sophia is starting to throw tantrums. I just let her get it out and when she's calmed down that I ask her what she needs and we move on with our day. I ask her to tell me with words and not cry. It's a challenge on some days more than others. I, too, hope this phase gets better soon!
January 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alyssa is not much of a whiner. However Tyler has been since he was little. Its really annoying but now that he is older I keep telling him to use his words. Also it helps a little if I pretend to ignore the whine until he shows me what he wants. But he is 2.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search