Goals

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 05:27 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello girls! Well, this subforum has been up for a bit now and no one has posted, so I thought I would bite the bullet and start this out!!!

What are your goals for losing the weight?
What are you doing to accomplish them?
What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them?

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

January 21st, 2012, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What are your goals for losing the weight? I have already lost all my preg weight and am less than pre-preggo, I want to tone. Espicially the stomach. Feel like it will be a while since I had c-section.
What are you doing to accomplish them? I had gest diabetes, not sure if still have diabetes but I have been trying tlo stick w/ diet, watching carb intake, etc. It is just a healthier way to live. Also working out, would like to do daily but sometimes every other. I am doing P90 workout(not P90X, yet) Zumba, Jillian Michaels buns and thighs and of course walking.
What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Lack of hours in a day! Some days are great, but when Lydia's reflux is bad, I can't get anything done. Also, DH is an accountant and is basically working 6-7 days/wk and 12-16 hours a day and trying study for CPA exam, needless to say, single mommy over here so I have no help with her or house. I dont know how I will manage when I go back to work
January 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM
Michilee1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*I would like to lose 20 lbs to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight and then lose another 20lb to get down to my wedding weight.

*I am watching what I eat and I exercised for the first time in a long time yesterday. For now, I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred.

*I don't always make time to exercise and I have a HUGE appetite now. I am tracking what I eat so I don't go overboard.

January 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are your goals for losing the weight? Prepregnancy I weighed 145ish and was trying to get to 130, I am currently at 153 with a goal to get to 120 (what I weighed meeting DF) as a long term goal, short term I would like to be 140 by end of March.

What are you doing to accomplish them? I am tracking my calories, and trying to get at least 15 min of workout in a day (not including breastfeeding lol)

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? DF works 12 hour days so it is sometimes hard to find time to work out between feedings and entertaining my oldest, I am trying to get everyone on a more strict schedule to allow me to get everything in order. I am also researching ways to help involve my oldest in workouts so we both can be healthy. I also know that I need to start meal planning, getting in the snack cupboard is way to easy and I munch all day.
January 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM
jojow
What are your goals for losing the weight? I have 37 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight (unfortunately I started my pregnancy 10 pounds heavier than normal) and would like to lose the majority of it within 4 months.

What are you doing to accomplish them? I run min. 4 times a week, strength train, and have changed the way I eat to make weight loss easier. My eating plan is to eat the majority of my food by 1-2pm and then eat lightly for the rest of the day if I get hungry. It is working so far! I eat a traditional foods diet, btw.

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Um, getting pregnant again quickly, lol! I'm just going to have to work my butt off to lose this weight before baby #5 comes.
January 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are your goals for losing the weight? I need to lost 15-20 lbs. to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

What are you doing to accomplish them? I had lost and kept off 20lbs prior to getting pg. by working out and strength training 3x a week. I have yet to darken the door of the gym but am putting it on my to-do list.

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Right now I just don't feel motivated. I get motivated when I shop for clothes and don't like how they look on me! So maybe I need to shop? ANother obstacle is this milk protein allergy my son has. I am limited to what I can eat so I'm finding it hard to restrict my diet in other areas. I already feel like I'm sacrificing so many of the foods I love! I know however, that when I keep a food journal I do lose weight. I also have a huge appetite right now. I think with both diet and exercise I just need to START. I'm a big procrastinator and it's not helping!
January 22nd, 2012, 05:00 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am down 24lbs from the pregnancy and have 22 more lbs to go before I'm back to pre-pg size. I'm more worried about my body fat and right now it's way too high for my liking. I'm comfortable around 115lbs (I'm only 5'2")

1) I signed up for a half marathon on April 14th! Never done a run this long before so I'm super nervous! 2) I am also following a program designed by my old trainer for eating and exercise. It's tough, but so worth the final result! The best part is, is that it's not some fad "diet". It's a healthy way of eating for the rest of my life! No crazy pills or quick fixes, just old fashion eat the right foods and work your butt off in the gym!

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them?
TIME! I can manage the food I put in my mouth, but always finding the time in the day to get my workouts in is the hard part. Funny when I lost the weight before I thought the biggest challenge would be the diet, but it's definitely the workouts! I control what I put in my mouth, but I can't always control the obstacles that pop up throughout the day and effect my gym time!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

January 22nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
What are your goals for losing the weight? at least 20 more lbs to get down to an ideal weight range, though i have lost all pg weight i started off heavier!

What are you doing to accomplish them? Starting weight watchers a week from Monday at 6 week mark and starting to exercise this week to jump start. I'm nursing which will help.

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Time and hunger from nursing, just need to keep it under control.
January 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
What are your goals for losing the weight? Losing the preg weight (i'm almost there!!)
What are you doing to accomplish them? Once i get the go ahead i'll be using the workout video i used while pregnant, it has a pp workout too. i'd also like to get some equiptment for the house like a BOSU to work out with DH
What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Finding long enough stretches to complete the workout...i'll have to see how long the workout is and maybe do it before DH goes to work

January 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Veteran
Don't really have any goals, I weigh less than I did pre preggo. It's my hips that I'm having issues with (R.I.P. jeans)

N/A

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them..
I breastfeed, so it's hard to be gone long periods of time. This Friday my husband isn't working, so I am trying to pump as much as possible so I can head to the ice rink that I haven't been to in about a year. It'll probably be my last time at this one too, as we are moving back stateside within the next two months :/

January 22nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMomma View Post
1) I signed up for a half marathon on April 14th!

You go girl!!! Half marathons are FUN. You will enjoy it, just pace yourself, and have some good running music. And while you're running let your mind wander, it'll do wonders.

January 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I plan to do a daily (or every 2nd day) walk, gradually heading up the hills (once my tear has healed completely). I'll probably throw in some stomach exercises somewhere too as I really need to tone my belly

At the moment, nothing. We're still getting used to the whole "first time parent" things and Eve isn't as settled as she used to be, so I'm not taking her out just yet.

I'm a HUGE sweet tooth! And I love "V" energy drink farrrr too much! I think if I can break that habit, I'll be sweeeet. Until then, I'm in trouble

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

January 23rd, 2012, 04:30 AM
SugarT's Avatar Mommy to 2 sweet boys ♥
I've got 10 pounds to go until I'm at my pre pregnancy weight and I'm hoping to lose another 10 till Ethan's birthday in April.

Exercising and trying to watch what kind of food I eat. I've never been good at calorie counting.

I love my sweets and soda. If I can keep them out of my hands then I should do well. And after about a week of working out I tend to slack off.

January 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are your goals for losing the weight? I need to lose 10lbs to get back to prepregnancy weight.

What are you doing to accomplish them? I plan on starting up walking/running again and doing strength training 3x a week. I'm not going to start until after 6 weeks though, want to make sure I am fully healed. I am walking but not much right now. I would like to do a 5k in June and a 10k in August. As far as food goes, I am just trying to make wise choices and eat a healthy traditional diet.

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Biggest obstacle for me in regards to the walking/running is WEATHER and Time- It's soooo cold and I hate going outside in the cold! And taking care of a toddler and newborn all day means finding time to do it is tricky- I will have to disipline myself to wake up early, which is hard b/c I am so sleep deprived!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

January 23rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am already well below pre-preg weight (by 20 pounds!!) but I want to lose another 30 pounds and tone the tummy

A friend of mine is a Team Beach Body coach and starting in Feb she is gonna start holding me accountable for working out.
Starting Monday I am going to go back to the gym with a friend of mine (I am a competitive person and she is too so we are gonna make this fun)
Also the gym on base is doing a fitness contest and I am signing up for that...

I have an arthritic knee and a bad back from a fall pre DD that acts up now and then. Also finding time to go to the gym can be a little difficult with DH's schedule.
As for eating better... DH HATES healthy foods so unless I want to make multiple meals that is always an issue

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
January 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
What are your goals for losing the weight? I have about 10-15 lbs to lose.. but I'm more interested in toning than anything.. with exercise & a good diet the weight loss will come along with it. I'm about 130 & 5' 7" so it's not thaaat bad in the first place. I just want to be better. I was 125 pre-preggo.. but I was 104 when I got pregnant with DS1. I'd like to set my goal at 115-120 to stay nice & healthy.

What are you doing to accomplish them? I'm being a major slacker at the moment. I'm watching what I eat. I do daily walks & of course the breastfeeding & playing with a 3yr old.. but I haven't done a "routine" yet. I think this week is the week! I'm starting to really feel it.

What are some obstacles that may be standing in your way and how can you overcome them? Definitely time. time. time. I need more hours in a day. Anyone have some to spare?

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search