Bottle Feeding Questions

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan has recently started taking a bottle throughout the day. I really wanted to skip bottles but he seems to like them. I've been giving him 4-6 ounces 2 or 3 times a day. He will only drink it warmed up. He also BFs 3 times a day. What is everyone else doing? Should I try to make him drink it cold? Should I try to take the bottle away and go to sippy cups? He does drink water from sippy cups. How do you warm your bottles?

January 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Taylor has always drank her formula and now milk cold. He prob prefers it warm since he's always been EBF with warm milk and that's all he knows. You could try to slowly keep cooling it off for him, but I think as long as he's still getting breastmilk from the boob, he's prob gonna prefer it warm.
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

January 24th, 2012, 08:27 AM
bcmommy0409's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree that he probably prefers it warm because that is what he used to. Hudson had a little bit of a struggle adjusting from his warm bottles to cold milk, so we did it slowly. I started by making four ounces of formula (warm the way he was use to) and then would add a bit of cold milk and then as he seemed fine with it we added more milk and less formula. We started it out in the bottle because he wouldn't drink it great from the cup (he wanted it warm from the bottle). So once we got him to like drinking the milk cold, we then put it in the cup and he was fine with it. Hudson was use to the bottle at sleepy times (when he woke up and before bed) and was use to the cup with meals, so for about a week he would not take the cup when he was tired.
Hudson Joseph 12-28-2010
January 24th, 2012, 09:01 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started giving Natalie all her drinks in a sippy cup unless she is nursing. She started refusing a bottle at day care around 10 months so they worked with her on using the cup. I struggled finding one she would use but she really likes the disposable take alongs. She drinks the milk cold and doesn't seem to mind.
January 24th, 2012, 09:18 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Sofie gets formula in a bottle and water in her cup. We'll probably let that continue for quite awhile.
January 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
afauce
Ethan takes cold milk from a bottle. I am working on switching tosippy cups, but he won't drink the milk out of them. he thinks it is only for water. I am going to start trying to take a bottle away at a time soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search