I hate Pampers Baby Dry! (overnight diapers?)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel
  • 1 Post By DaniB+3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 06:53 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Avery recently moved into size 3's, and she must have been in pampers swaddlers before, I never realized I bought a different kind.

Well, last night was her first night in them, and she leaked so much she was wet up to her armpits in the back!!! Her onesie was totally soaked. Gross!

What kind of diapers do you use for overnight? I was using swaddlers and never had a problem, but I am not sure they make those in size 3.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
After trying a couple kinds, we use Huggies Overnights in a size bigger. If he STTN (9-10 hours before waking to eat) he'll soak through these even, so if he wakes up to eat I'll still change his diaper so he's not wet in the morning. So I haven't found one that keeps him completely dry. He must be a heavy wetter I guess.
February 6th, 2012, 08:02 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I suppose I could get up to change her, but we sleep together and usually waking with her just means rolling over and offering the breast! I really dont want to have to get out of bed!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
I suppose I could get up to change her, but we sleep together and usually waking with her just means rolling over and offering the breast! I really dont want to have to get out of bed!
I don't blame you! I have to get up anyways and make him a bottle and all that so it's not a big deal for me to change him.
February 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are called Pampers cruisers instead of swaddlers. We use the Baby Dry at night with no prob, but the cruisers are def better.

February 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Huh....I don't know...I need to come up with a solution too. Pampers definitely have worked better than huggies in the past....but now that kaylen is sleeping for longer periods she definitely needs diaper changes in the middle of the night when I feed her. we use pampers baby dry too.....I am curious as well of what other mothers use for night time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
February 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We co-sleep and I just change Tristan during one of the night feedings. I just reach on the side of the bed and grab a diaper and a wipe and change him in the dark. We have a dim blue night light so I can see a little but it's definitely helped with the peeing through his diapers. I tried different brands and sizes and had all the same problems because he just goes too much overnight. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that he eats all night as well! I hope you find something that works!

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We used Swaddlers and now Cruisers. She just started wearing size 3 though. We are still finishing a pack of 2s.

February 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I have both Pampers Baby Dry amd Huggies Overnights. I have yet to have a dry awakening with Huggies, yet Pampers are good from about 8pm til 6am. He is a heavy night time wetter as well. I think it depends on how they sleep, side, back- and if they are boy or girl.

[/url
February 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Pampers Baby dry SUCK, they are soooo awful.

I *think* you can get pampers swaddlers in a size 3. The pampers cruisers are pretty good to though but I never ever buy the baby dry ones.

Carter is using Huggies right now and they are not doing very well for him, he leaks soo easily latley when before they held up in the night time.
February 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I use the same diaper all the time and have never had an issue with leaks overnight.
w292737 likes this.
February 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
Honestly- I'd try a wool soaker or a pair of shorties/longies. You can put it right over the sposie and it will catch the leaks. Wool is SO absorbent. It is EASY to care for (just lanolin--like what you use on your breasts and some baby shampoo) and you can get by washing it like twice a month- most likely a lot less if you are using a sposie under it.

\
February 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
CND 424's Avatar First Time Mommy
I sent DH for diapers and told him pamper size 3 and he came home with the Baby Dry and I was so mad at him but he said they didn't have the swaddlers. I ended up finding Pampers Swaddlers in a size 3 at Target though. I'm still trying to use up the Baby Dry ones because I don't want to waste them but I can't believe how different they are. She has a wide butt too and the Baby Dry doesn't seem to cover it. So maybe check at different stores and I googled it and they are sold online too Pampers Swaddlers Diapers XL Case - Best Price

Cindi (40) married to Dan (40) since 04/99
TTC 04/99-04/02; 4/00-04/02 did (2) IUI's & (4) IVF's; NTNP ever since!
BFP on 12/20/10 and our little miracle was born 8/19/11!!!

February 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For us, Luvs dont' hold an entire night, but Pampers Baby Dry were just fine. I have to finish up the package of Luvs though and then I'm going to start using our size 4's that we stocked up on before she was born. Right now, she typically is in cloth, I stuff it with a hemp prefold and doubler and we haven't had a leak yet. We dont' have enough though, so I'll use a Luvs sposie every few nights and just change her at some point. She sleeps with us too, so I keep a diaper between our pillows so I can reach over and grab it.

Expecting baby #4!

February 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They do sell swaddlers in size 3 now! They didnt when my son was a baby, but they now. Though I have found pampers cruisers are almost as good

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

February 7th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're using Pampers Cruisers right now, but once I'm done cleaning up my cloth, I use Sandy's ME's overnight.
February 7th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Veteran
Josie is In pampers baby dry at night. They usually work well. Except the last two nights she's leaked in the middle of the night and they were nowhere near full. Frustrating.
February 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
First Timer!!!
yeah the baby dry ones never worked for me

swaddlers are butter but yeah go to cruisers next maybe thatll work ..

my bbaby has peed thru his diapers the last 3 nightss ... i think its just tmie for a bigger size here .. not cause HIS size but his pee amount LOL
February 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the Pampers Overnight Protection (or Extra Protection? I don't remember). They come in a dark purple box/bag and are meant for nighttime. Miles helps himself to the booby buffet throughout the night so I know he drinks - and therefore pees - a lot but I can't recall ever having a leak, despite the fact that I do not change him until we are up for the day. I can't say that I like the way they smell in the morning - I think all styles of Pampers smell weird once they're soiled - but if they keep pee off of my mattress I can deal with it.
tobi4 likes this.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use the Huggies Little Movers both day and night. They seem to hold a lot of pee. Both Jillian and Desmond haven't had any leaking with them - so good for girls and boys. I tried the Target brand and was disappointed. Desmond kept peeing up his shirt and Jillian would soak through. I HATE Pampers diapers since for some reason they seem to stick to Desmond's 'junk'. I have used Luvs in the past and do like those, they seem to hold a lot of liquid. I am sticking to Huggies for now though and racking up my points lol.

10/1/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search