No solids?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are there any other babies that haven't started solids yet?

Expecting baby #4!

February 6th, 2012, 07:55 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We just started yesterday.

February 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
None here yet, avery is not 6 months until the 27th and we dont have a high chair yet. But she is showing me signs of readiness so I will probably offer some soon. I think I am going to do baby led weaning.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
We started last week.
February 7th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah we arent as far along as alot of moms here either....we have tried here and there but have just become more steady with it over the past week. she just wasn't interested before....now she has picked up how much formula she has been drinking so i figure she needs some more food so that is why I have tried again....which MUCH more success this time too I might add!!! I say just pay attention to your baby....they will let you know when they are ready.....no need to RUSH anything!!!.......oh its sometimes difficult too b/c I know we are the AUGUST ddc but some of our babies are over a month apart.....that is a BIG difference in the baby world!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
February 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miles has had a few bites of pears. For some weird reason his stool got really hard and he was grunting a lot so I gave him about a quarter of a jar of some Earth's Best stage 1 pears. Let's just say that the back-up was resolved quite quickly after that . I'm kinda just going with the flow. He shows serious signs of readiness so we may start experimenting with them next week. Right now I am just focused on getting him over this crazy cold and clearing up his darn eczema.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Liam has only tried it once....and he's not ready..so we'll wait for a few more weeks and try again!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

February 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
Carter has had solids a couple of times. No baby food yet. He tried some green beans, some turkey bacon (maybe not the best choice but he grabbed it and started sucking on it so he got it) and some cheese. I handed him a slice of cucumber a minute ago and he just threw it on the ground and went for my glasses instead. We will let him try things and he wants but not sure yet if we're going to do purees. All he does at this point is suck on things so I don't think he's quite ready for food on a regular basis. He sure loves his sippy cup with water in it though!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
February 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joey is 6mos 2 weeks and we tried once on Saturday, he wasn't terribly interested. From experience he'll let me know so I'm taking it slow
February 7th, 2012, 08:25 PM
CND 424's Avatar First Time Mommy
No solids here yet either. We are still trying to get her used to rice cereal and she is finally starting to take an interest in that!

Cindi (40) married to Dan (40) since 04/99
TTC 04/99-04/02; 4/00-04/02 did (2) IUI's & (4) IVF's; NTNP ever since!
BFP on 12/20/10 and our little miracle was born 8/19/11!!!

February 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We tried avocado once. He had no interest. So I am putting it off for a little while. I am really in no hurry!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
February 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's had a few bites here and there, though I'm not sure how much he's swallowed.

foods he's sucked on: carrots, celery, apple, pear, bread, cheerios, hummus, yogurt, melon....can't remember what else. I still consider him ebf though, he's 6 months and I'm hoping breastmilk is his primary source of nutrition until about a year.
February 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot believe I'm in the majority on this one! I was so adamant I wouldn't be feeding her by now. I guess that's because I just expected her to be like big sister who didn't eat until 8-10 months. Anyway, Alexis eats, and she eats, and eats... but she is still my little boobie monster!
February 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No solids for the beanies yet here. We have been having troubles with their older sister in the hospital and surgery and stuff like that so, honestly, there hasn't been time. Until she is back to her 'normal' I won't be starting. They have their six month appt on Monday so I'll talk to the pediatrician about it. They do get 12 tbsp of rice cereal in their bottles each, each day, so they are well fed

10/1/10

February 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No solids yet...We are going to start avocados this weekend to help with her Gerd.
I didn't want to start until 6 months but 5.5months, I'm okay with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search