bathing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 05:19 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMQ View Post
Evan gets a bath every 2-3 days. He's got dry skin, so we try to keep it to a minimum. We do use shampoo every time, and lotion afterwards. I try and lotion him every day. He's super drooly and spits up lots, so we clean his neck rolls every day and his diaper area every day too.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
February 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Miles gets an average of 5 baths a week. There are some nights when I am just too tired or busy, or we get home to late and he's a tired mess. Although now with his eczema issue I think we're going to lay off the actual soapy bathing and give it a chance to heal. When we bathe him we use an organic wash made by a company called Rainbow - I think it's called Baby Oh Baby Wash. It's formulated for very sensitive skin. We also use their organic lotion, too.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We do baths every other night unless he spits up excessively or has a diaper blow out. When we bathe him we just use the baby soap and shampoo and when I take him out I mix lotion with a little baby oil and lather him up. The baby oil has helped a lot with the dry skin this winter when I started mixing it with the lotion. However, a little goes a long way with that stuff so I use it sparingly

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
all my kids get bathed daily, except Joseph. I have five, five and under, he's lucky he's getting bathed at all, lol!

He's getting bathed every 2-3 days. I empty the tub of toys, add an inch of water with a splash of J&J Honey Apple soap in there, toss him in and wipe him down with a face cloth. And he gets to practice his swimming skills-he loves it! Pull him out and dry him, and lather him with Honey apple lotion-I also throw it in his hair so it curls and he smells like ripe mangos.

All my infants got daily baths except him-but I've run out of time. He usually gets bathed before breakfast.

Lucky mother to five!

February 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM
CND 424's Avatar First Time Mommy
I only give her a bath every 2-3 days since she doesn't have much hair and doesn't get dirty. She doesn't get a lot of explosive poops and doesn't spit up much.

Cindi (40) married to Dan (40) since 04/99
TTC 04/99-04/02; 4/00-04/02 did (2) IUI's & (4) IVF's; NTNP ever since!
BFP on 12/20/10 and our little miracle was born 8/19/11!!!

February 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bathe the twins every third day usually. I use baby wash and lotion at bath time, but not in between. Every morning when I get them ready I wipe their faces, hands, armpits and necks with baby wipes.

This is gross, but interesting for you with kiddos with cradle cap.... When Ava was in the hospital last week we got transferred to one an hour and a half away. The beanies ended up living most of their days/nights in their carseats (God bless them for being such good babies) and they did not get their baths.... They went a little over a week without a bath - I was SO upset but the nurses kept assuring me it was ok.... The good thing about this was Jillian's cradle cap went away totally! At first it got worse and spread but it seems that her own skin oils took over and was the best for healing. So, as gross as it sounds, maybe skip washing baby's head with soap during bathtime and see if your kiddo's cradle cap improves....

10/1/10

February 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Colton gets a bath every night before bed. I use Johnsons Naturals and his skin is just beautiful and soft. If he wakes up in the morning and is 'not so fresh' lol He comes in the shower with me for a quick rinse.

[/url
February 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mummy to great girls
Every night here. It is part of her bedtime routine and she LOVES the bath. Some days she might not be dirty so we just use water on her and ALWAYS put lotion on afterwards. This is also the only fun time DH gets with her when he gets in from work so we dont want to take that away from either of them :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search