Yeast? Allergies? What's wrong with my kid's face? (See pics)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you're friends with me on FB I apologize for the x-post...

Okay, so Miles always has a little bit of a rash under his chin (er, chins) because he is a drooly monster. However, this morning I woke up to him looking like this:

Uh, what in the world is this nasty, bumpy, inflamed mess????

I happened to be at the ped's office this morning for my daughter's check-up (she just got over a respiratory infection) and I showed it to the doctor, but he said it's just eczema and it's that time of year for babies to get dry skin and rashes because of the dry air. My big issue, though, is that it seems to be spreading. He is also grumpy and keeps rubbing his face vigorously on my shirt, which indicates to me that maybe it's itchy? I don't personally get eczema so I don't know much about it; however, both of my parents get it and when I showed them these pics they said no way that's eczema.

Help?

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I have nothing to offer except to say poor little guy!! Would some cream help? If it is ecsema what did the dr say to put on it?

Has he started solids or anything recently? Have you done anything different?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM
The doctor recommended Aquaphor or Eucerin. I went to the health food store and got some Dr. Gordshells. So far it seems to be soothing it but it hasn't actually subsided yet. I feel so bad for him .

February 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I saw this on FB but I have no idea. Ev has excema and it looks nothing like that.

February 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
It looks like eczema to me. there is no standard look for eczema. I've seen it like that and then I've also seen it look almost like a ring worm. Have you tried giving him Benadryl? That should help with the itching. The more it itches and he scratches it (as best he can) the worse it will get.

Keep him out of the tub as much as you can. Water dries the skin and dry skin makes eczema worse. Get Aquaphor (you want an ointment type not cream, which is likely to burn) and really grease him up with it. If it's no better in a day or two, I would see the doctor and demand a course of oral steroids. See Shannon if you can, she will prescribe an oral course. She did for Gabby. If they give you a script of cream, ask for ointment.
way2gomom likes this.
February 7th, 2012, 04:52 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
Have you change anything? Solids? What you are eating? Soaps??

\
February 7th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
looks like eczema and it is itchy. My DD gets it, and Ive used two creams that seem to work fairly well

Vaseline problem skin therapy
Galaxal base cream
February 7th, 2012, 05:16 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor guy! Lilli had a rash pop up today too and the dr is leaning more toward eczema, but I think it's a yeast inf. It's on her privates and in her folds on her legs and arms. Her usual ezcema resembles ringworm.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
February 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM
We aren't doing solids and I haven't made any major product changes as far as lotion, soap, detergent, etc. He had a few bites of organic pears last week to help with a random bout of hard stool, but I would imagine if that were the culprit that the reaction would've turned up last week, no? I really feel bad for this kiddo if it is eczema - it looks crazy itchy. I think I am just being weird about it because he had the issue with the hives back when he was a newborn and I was supplementing with cow's milk formula. He's been fine ever since we weaned him off the formula. I don't do much dairy in my diet and definitely don't drink milk, but last night I splurged and had a big ol' chocolate frosty from Wendy's and then he wakes up with a rash. So of course I am now feeling bad thinking that I caused some sort of allergic reaction. I guess I'll just keep applying the Dr. Gordshell's ointment and if it doesn't clear in a day or two I will call the ped's office. I couldn't imagine being that broken out and itchy and not being able to scratch!!

February 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor guy! It does look like eczema so I hope there is a cream that works for him!

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
poor peanut-I'm thinking the frosty-hope it settles for you soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search